PDA

View Full Version : Save your frustrations..Suggesstions on neccessities

Joshua312
06-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Well I recieved my order of Zaino (Ultimate Kit) and orders from other various vendows and I must say I think I now have come to the point where I can narrow down my product selection to only the necessities instead of needing one of everything which becomes a fad.

Here are my opinions of what I view as necessities in my arsenal - all I will be using probably from now on. I would love to see what other people solely use when detailing for customers.

Polish: Menzerna Line

Windows: Fk1 #425 or Invisible Glass

Wheels: Amazing roll off and Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Interior: Kids and Pets to clean or Megs APC...Zaino Z10 to protect

Trim: Meguiars ASD

Tires: Amazing Roll Off and Zaino Z16

Wheel Wells: CD-2 Engine Detailer

Vents and Crevices: Dressed with Sprayaway Instant Shine

Wash: Poorboys SS&S or Z7

QD: Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine

Quick Spray Wax - - Soon to be Aquawax

QD Used To Remove Polish Removal: Meguiars #34

Carpets: Oxy-Clean, Folex, Kids and Pets

Plastic Care: PlastX

Clay: Zaino or Mothers

Chemical Cleaner: Prime and Prime Strong for minor marring

One Step Polishing: OC and OP 50-50 mix

Polish used for cleaning up marring: 3M #05937 or FPII

Protection: FK1 Pink Wax or Zaino Z2Pro and Z5 Pro

Odds and Ends:

PC

Rigid StorNGo Wet-Dry Vac - - Bought this 2 days ago and absolutely love it! Need some more accessory brushes however

LGCM - almost no need for it now with the Rigid`s great suction (take filter out however)

Stickman81
06-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Thats a nice list of stuff there.

I feel I need to add more to my stock because I`m new. I have the OP and OC and the SSR line. Gee, what else could I need? :chuckle:

I am glad you like the new Stor `N Go. One thing I don`t like about it is the way the slinky-style hose pinches when it retracts. I`m missing some arm hair now. :chuckle:

natebood
06-29-2006, 01:28 PM
If it were me, I`d keep most of the items or at least several products for each purpose (I guess mainly LSP, sealants, tire shine) simply because some customers prefer a certain look, whether it be from a carnuba paste, a sealant, etc. Also, you have your cheap customers and your good customers. I wouldn`t waste expensive products on a cheap customer (not saying that I wouldn`t still strive for perfection if I were doing this for a living, but I`d opt to use a cheaper product.) Other than that...nice lineup!