PDA

View Full Version : quick fix

CarDesign
03-17-2005, 03:39 PM
As some of you may know, i received an awesome kit form poorboys for valentines day. unfortunately i now live in an apt and have no acces to a hose or anywhere to work with a pc. My truck needs some protection though. Im thinking of maybe just hitting it with some nattys, pb`s polish with carnuba, or megs gold class. It wont get rid of the problems but at least itll have some shine and protection. what do you guys think? which product? other suggestions?

CharlesW
03-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Some suggestions.
Get a girl friend with a garage or at least someplace you can plug in your PC.
In the meantime, Poorboy`s PwC and Natty`s should give you a decent looking job with some protection.
Keep in mind that while it might not look quite as good as what you wanted, it will probably look better than 80% of the vehicles around you. A "quick fix" is all most of those people ever do to their cars. That and the drive-thru car wash.

Charles

MS22
03-17-2005, 04:04 PM
My local dirve through has a power receptacle, look around your area. You can use their water system along with your buckets/soap/wash mitts, dry it off in the parking lot and use the power for the PC. Sure you are going to look strange but atleast you`ll be "the strange guy with the nice car". Or just do what Charles said and get a girlfriend (or friend/co worker/neighbor) and offer to detail their car every so often for use of their garage. Worst comes to worst you can wash at the local, drive home, S&W quickly, then drape a 250` extension cord out the window and down to the ground (this will make you look even more weird)!

JaredPointer
03-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Sounds like a good plan. At least it`ll have something on it.

Actually the idea of making a friend who has a house or garage or somewhere where you can work on your car is pretty cool. Maybe they could let you use their space in exchange for a detail or something. Might be something to think about. :)

CarDesign
03-17-2005, 04:44 PM
the girlfriend/friend with a garage idea is def the way to go. i have only been here 2 weeks so for now its out of the question. mostly apts around here anyway. I would say that 95% of the car washes out here are full service. I have yet to find a self serve like back east. I`ll prob just do the "quick fix for now" and then strip it down completey when i can and hit it with the pc.

CharlesW
03-17-2005, 05:51 PM
My local dirve through has a power receptacle, look around your area. You can use their water system along with your buckets/soap/wash mitts, dry it off in the parking lot and use the power for the PC. Sure you are going to look strange but atleast you`ll be "the strange guy with the nice car". If you try that in the self-serv washes here, You are gonna be "the strange guy that just got thrown out of the self-serve car wash".:D
Even bucket washing is a big no, no. They would probably call the cops for stealing electricity if you plugged in anything electrical.

Charles

CarDesign
03-17-2005, 07:51 PM
well i went to the car wash and was actually happy with the results. For $11 i got a hand wash and dry, wheel cleaning, windows,and interior. I was going to hit it with the new PB stuff but i want to wait until i can do that the right way. I hit it with some megs gold class that I had left over. It gave it some shine but there are plenty of contaminants that still need to come off. Hopefully i`ll get that driveway access soon.

hey...what do you guys recomend in terms of a plastic restorer. back to black works good right away but then fades quick. im looking for something for my flares and running boards.

JaredPointer
03-18-2005, 10:10 AM
hey...what do you guys recomend in terms of a plastic restorer. back to black works good right away but then fades quick. im looking for something for my flares and running boards.

I really like Adam`s VRT. It works well for both interior and exterior and boasts some pretty high UV protection. I have also heard very good things about Poorboy`s Trim Restorer and the Natural Look.