PDA

View Full Version : #80 Topped with RMG?

RogueM3
06-28-2006, 02:23 PM
I recently purchased and received an order from Autogeek which included OP and #80. I plan to give my car a good detailing this weekend and was wondering if applying RMG after #80 would be redundant? Will RMG add any oil/wetness to the paint over and above that left by #80?

Also, can anyone talk about what kind of cut #80 will have when used with a white polishing pad and what kind of cut it will have on an orange or yellow cutting pad?

Thanks in advance.

steck
06-28-2006, 07:37 PM
give it a shot, and find out!

#80 is loaded with glaze (oils) so i dont know if RMG is worth it or not,,,try a panel!

#80 will take out the fine hair line scratches left behind after washing but dont expect it to remove anything more than light swirling....

but its so easy to work with and seems to be made for the PC!

RogueM3
06-28-2006, 08:50 PM

#80 is loaded with glaze (oils) so i dont know if RMG is worth it or not,,,try a panel!

#80 will take out the fine hair line scratches left behind after washing but dont expect it to remove anything more than light swirling....

Thanks for the response. I guess I do just need to give it a try, but Im kinda thinking it will be a waste of time. More than likely this weekend will be OP, #80, Nattys Blue, RMG. (The RMG just for a photoshoot as I know it will wash away fairly quickly)

Scottwax
06-28-2006, 09:07 PM
RMG should add some depth beyond what you get from #80.

RogueM3
06-28-2006, 09:08 PM
RMG should add some depth beyond what you get from #80.

Scott, making me spend more time on the car.. :bigups :hifive:

Scottwax
06-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Scott, making me spend more time on the car.. :bigups :hifive:

:LOLOL Autopia in general got me to buy two PCs and Accumulator got me to spend $200+ on a Cyclo. ;)

SpoiledMan
06-28-2006, 10:08 PM

#80 works just fine by PC or rotary. I haven`t tried it with the Cyclo yet but will get around to it. It`s *not* "full of oils" as it will polish to a squeaky clean finish when used properly. What it will/wont remove is very pad/machine dependent.

74 thing
06-28-2006, 10:13 PM
I would go for #80, then RMG then Natty`s. When I use #80 I usually follow it up with #7 then a LSP and it looks great (much better then without the glaze) so RMG should be a wise choice before your topper.

RogueM3
06-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Autopia in general got me to buy two PCs

Scott, Why the need for two PCs?

It`s *not* "full of oils" as it will polish to a squeaky clean finish when used properly. What it will/wont remove is very pad/machine dependent.

Nice....Will it remove minor swirling when used with either an orange or yellow cut pad? I would skip the OP step if I thought #80 would be able to remove minor swirls.

I would go for #80, then RMG then Natty`s. When I use #80 I usually follow it up with #7 then a LSP and it looks great (much better then without the glaze) so RMG should be a wise choice before your topper.

Thanks for the advice. :woot:

SpoiledMan
06-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Nice....Will it remove minor swirling when used with either an orange or yellow cut pad? I would skip the OP step if I thought #80 would be able to remove minor swirls.

Give it a shot and see. I used it most by rotary when attempting swirl removal and by PC to clean up any leftover marring.