PDA

View Full Version : Bought some more Duragloss Products today....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nonwelder
06-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I purchased the PBA, 111, and AW the other day. With no prep and just the 111 topped with Aquawax on a test panel, it looked GOOD. Slick as all heck! So, today I went to CQ and bought the leather conditioner and the swirl remover. Heck, for 6 bucks, I am gonna use the swirl remover as a prep. We shall see. I used some of the leather conditioner today. NICE. VERY similar to Zaino in smell, consistancy, results, etc. I like it. For about 6 dollars, this is GREAT stuff. I am going to try and do the whole package this weekend. I am looking VERY forward to it!

TigerMike
06-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Sounds great! Should turn out great, I predict. ;)

Yes, the leather products do smell and function almost exactly like their Z counterparts.....you should also try the wash and FC&S to complete the package.

For the price, these products are a tremendous value and offer outstanding results. I want to try the new #105 polish...sounds like their most durable product yet.

nonwelder
06-28-2006, 11:46 AM
It`s amazing how much these products look and smell like Zaino. If you blindfolded me, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference!

wannafbody
06-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I never used the older Z2 but there is a definite difference in looks between Duragloss 111 and Z2pro. 111 is clear and wetter looking and Z2pro is more reflective and glossy. As for the leather products similarity isn`t neccessarily surprising. Based on price, Duragloss products really kick butt.

GlossyTundra
06-28-2006, 12:17 PM
I bought the #105 polish today and I hope to use it tonight on some customer cars I have. I am using the heck out of some AW!!!

TigerMike
06-28-2006, 12:30 PM
I never used the older Z2 but there is a definite difference in looks between Duragloss 111 and Z2pro. 111 is clear and wetter looking and Z2pro is more reflective and glossy. As for the leather products similarity isn`t neccessarily surprising. Based on price, Duragloss products really kick butt.

Yeah, I would agree, and say there is a difference in the DG and Z polishes. However, I also believe the DG wash, the QD, the AW, leather, tire dressing, glass polish, etc...all smell and/or function VERY close to the Z counterpart. Compare for yourselves and see what I mean. The wash seems very close to Z7, only with a diff color and smell (easy changes). I remember the DG tire/trim dressing smells exactly like Z16 as well and is a white milky color.... :hm

Bill D
06-28-2006, 12:32 PM
I like the wash but have never tried Z7. I can say the wash is definitely worthwhile to get in the gallon for use via foam gun.

AL-53
06-28-2006, 12:39 PM
It`s been said on a Ford Truck Forum that DuraGloss makes the leather products for King Ranch Leather Products...so they may relabel for others...I use the leather stuff on leather furniture...

TigerMike...

When my 105 arrives..I am going to do the whole truck in DuraGloss..starting with the Swirl remover to clean the paint and then PBA ,,then 105 ...then AW....

When I spoke to Jerry he told me about the Swirl remover...It has dimishing abrasives...polymers and acyrlics for longer working time and some filling with the acrylics..also leaves a great surface to do the system with..the acrylics will not wash out...

I think some one else was trying to develope a product that would fill what ever lite marring was left and use acrylics to fill them ...

But here in the North East part of US..we have had so much rain I have not had weather to do the truck...

OneGuickGT1..you will be happy with the outcome..for the money and durability and looks..these are the products to beat....

Al

PINITI
06-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Does anybody here know about, or have used DG`s "other" line of products called TRACK CLAW? http://www.duragloss.com/catalog.asp?catid=103 ... primarally their RACING POLISH? http://www.duragloss.com/products/TC_2930_Product.jpg ... If so, with what results?
TRACK CLAWテぐ RACING POLISH is the most revolutionary breakthrough in polish technology. TRACK CLAWテぐ RACING POLISH reduces dirt pickup and lowers coefficient of drag. Its unique Fluoropolymer chemistry sets it apart from anything you have ever used and is safe for all finishes. TRACK CLAWテぐ RACING POLISH leaves the surface so ultra slick that it reduces wind drag giving faster lap times by reducing friction. TRACK CLAWテぐ RACING POLISH leaves an ultra deep "WET LOOKテぐ

Joshua312
06-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Glad Im not the only one who thinks duragloss/zaino smell the same - I love it! I purchased the Fast Clean and Shine QD the other day as they did not have the Aquawax, smells just like Z6 IMO. Looks like I`ll be going back to pick up some wash and leather products! Thanks!

TigerMike
06-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Have not used or even seen the Track Claw products. I wonder if that Track Claw polish contains any protective qualities or if its sole purpose is to create an ultra-slick surface. It says it has a fluoropolymer, but some polymers in a blend are purely for slickness, while others are used for protection. So, I wonder if it would provide any protection? I really have no idea, but I`d bet it is just to create a slick surface, and not specifially for protection or durability. Wonder if you could get better gas mileage? :D

PINITI
06-28-2006, 01:24 PM
If this helps, the back label on the bottle of Track Claw Racing Polish says that it contains Petroleum Distillates. Is that a good thing or bad?

TigerMike
06-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Most products contain PDs, so not surprising there. That just means it likely has some light mineral spirits, naphtha, or the like, to aid in spreading and/or act as a carrier to the paint.

LynchMOB
06-28-2006, 01:28 PM
OMG!!!!!!! Zaino products are re-packaged Duragloss products. :secret

LMAO!!! How`s that for starting a rumor. :bolt

:rofl :laugh: :rofl :laugh: :rofl :laugh: :geez

PINITI
06-28-2006, 01:51 PM
I remember the DG tire/trim dressing smells exactly like Z16 as well and is a white milky color.... :hmWhich one was that? http://www.duragloss.com/catalog.asp?catid=95 or was it one of these? (321) http://www.duragloss.com/catalog.asp?catid=93 ... thanks.