PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z16 Tire Gloss AMAZING

Pages : [1] 2 3

medic159
06-27-2006, 03:10 PM
While I may be a dedicated Zaino user I must confess I never tried Z16 Tire Gloss. So when Sal so graciously sent me a sample bottle when I placed an order I tried it on one brand new, one day old tire. I had just put new tires on the El Camino so none of them had ever seen any kind of tire gloss before.

This was on a Tuesday, I drove around for a couple of days then left for GM Carlisle on Thursday. The trip was through hot sun and some torrential downpours. When I was about to clean up the car on Friday morning at the show I was shocked to see that the one tire with the Z16 was noticeably shinier and blacker than the rest.

This was after driving over 300 miles! No other tire gloss ever lasted more than a few miles, none.

Here are a couple of unretouched pictures taken before I laid a finger on the car to clean it up. You can easily see the tire shine, it looks like it had just been done. Just amazing.

http://dftowel.com/elky/Z16tire.jpg

http://dftowel.com/elky/Z16close.jpg

ZaneO
06-27-2006, 03:27 PM
My favorite tire dressing. :)

White95Max
06-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Huh...those pics are after driving 300 miles through torrential rain?

stilez
06-27-2006, 05:42 PM
My favorite tire dressing. :)

Nothing else touches my tires.

I also love how little you use and the lack of a greasy feel. Just wiping my hands down afterwards does the trick (if need be). It`s such a clean product with amazing characteristics.

Intercooled
06-27-2006, 05:53 PM

I also love how little you use and the lack of a greasy feel. Just wiping my hands down afterwards does the trick (if need be). It`s such a clean product with amazing characteristics.

Same here. I also find that after applying multiple coats over time, the next coats go on smoother and easier. :bigups

imported_memnuts
06-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I can verify Leo`s observations about Z16 and withstanding driving in the rain. Amazing stuff.

Leo, after a few applications your tires will never be undressed ;) again unless you intentionally deep clean them. Tires will always appear "just detailed".

Yes, a bottle should last a good year even if you apply it several times a week!!! Very economical. :bow

Beason
06-27-2006, 07:00 PM

:werd: I love this stuff. I use it on mine and my higher class clients. Others get FX tire shine

Tonywp75
06-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Darn..thats nice. I have to try it once my tire dressing runs out.

TGates
06-27-2006, 10:03 PM
My tire dressing of choice, as well. I prefer two consecutive coats. I LOVE how it lasts and lasts, even after washing.

What are you guys using to apply it? Right now I use an EO Tire Swipe, but the Z16 likes to just run right off. Gotta be real careful.

sumptimwong
06-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Wow, I`m impressed! How is the ease of application? Is it a spray-on, or more of a wipe-on? And how much, where can it be had? Thanks!

Beason
06-28-2006, 01:09 AM
its more expensive then most. Its a very thin liquid.

imported_memnuts
06-28-2006, 02:35 AM
I use a yellow sponge "wax-intended" applicator.

Z16 can be purchased from Zaino. www.zainobros.com

slvr-bullet
06-28-2006, 04:48 AM
That looks amazing.

I`ve been using this stuff http://next2.web-cars.com/detail_img/tw_wtnblk_tire_a.jpg with an EO tire applicator and man-o-man is this stuff greasy.

I might just go pick up some Z16 because of the the easy cleanup aspect. Plus I can mix it in with some Z10 and have the Z26 for my interior :D :up

ZeusCGP
06-28-2006, 05:35 AM
one brand new, one day old tire. Not to dis the Zaino, but I believe this had a major part in how long the tire has been looking good. I`ve found that new tires are like a sponge to tire dressing.

docker
06-28-2006, 05:46 AM
Question: what do you recommend to prep the tires before the application of Z16? I have been dressing my tires with PB NL of late, and prior to that WG Black Onyx or Diamond gel...

The PB NL has been working well and leaves a nice deep, matte finish. I just started to use the Z`s on my car (5Pro, 2Pro) and now the tires seem soooo very dull. Looks like I need to kick `em up a notch with Z16, eh? :chuckle:

p.s. I commute 150 to 175 miles per day, 2/3 of which are back roads. I`ll be giving `em a really good durability test.