PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym questions

steelwind101
06-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Hello

I am from the UK and i use a range of products but was wondering if anyone has the answers to my Autoglym questions!!

I emailed Autoglym what i am asking below and that was yesterday evening and this evening no reply!! Not like most car detailing product companies!! This of course puts me off buying there products but they are avalible OTC locally so its quite tempting.

Here is the exact email below, if anyone can help then i would gratefully appreciate it!!

Hi

I have four questions about Autoglym products, basically how to`s that i cant find on your website or on the internet!!

1) Instant Tyre Dressing; it says it drys and you can spray it on the wheels. Does it attract dirt or dust on the wheels?? In the past i have used Turtle Wax tyre spray and when it lands on the wheels brake dust sticks to it right away. Will this happen with the Instant Tyre Dressing??

2) Engine and Machine Cleaner; as it is water based is it ok to spray in to the wheel arches and then spray clean with water?? I was worried incase it might be too strong in detergents and cause damage to rubber gaters on suspension or boot shoes.

3) Engine and Machine Cleaner; If you can use it on wheel arches and you wash it off will it cause ill effect on tyres or disc brakes??

4)Vinyl and Rubber care; can this be sprayed in to the wheel arches to dress the black plastics there?? Are there ill effects of this product getting on brakes or tyres??

If anyone has any ideas then please post back.

Thanks

GEOFF

Daragh
06-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Hello Geoff,

It`s years & years since I used any of the items mentioned, so I have kind of forgotten !

If AutoGlym is the only half decent range you can get locally rather than purchasing online, their alloy wheel seal would be better for rims, at fighting against brake dust etc. It will make ongoing maintenance easier as it repels dirt & dust so that it rests on the surface, rather than sticking (caking on) to it.

The Bumper Care product would be better for slightly stronger cleaning power & reviving of exterior rubber & vinyl trim.

Their Caravan & Motorhome Cleaner as a mild multi-purpose cleaner, just wash off fairly quickly so that the solution does not dry on the surface.

The Vinyl & Rubber Care or Bumper Care fine for plastics, tyres, trim, etc. Just avoid getting same on tyre threads & brake discs.

steelwind101
06-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Hi thanks for writing back!!

I often use Megs. etc and i am a big PB fan. However for the above i just wanted to know if i went OTC with something from the AG what would i be getting!!

The tyre stuff just intreasted me as they said it could be sprayed on wheels. I just dident want to end up in the same senario with dirty wheels from overspray that doesnt dry up when i can get that hassel for £2!!

I have the bumper care, its ok but not sprayable i just want to pump it under the arches in a few seconds. I will watch it getting on the breaks!! Do you Vinyl and rubber care?? Is it runny??

Thanks

Geoff

steelwind101
06-28-2006, 05:10 AM
Autoglym got back to me this morning with direct answers to my questions, it might be more helpful in the future if anyone need to about these products!!

There reply

I have provided answers to your questions below, I hope it provides the information you require.

1) Instant Tyre Dressing; it says it drys and you can spray it on wheels. Does it attract durt on dust on the wheels?? In the past i have used Turtle Wax tyre stuff and when it lands on the wheels brake dust sticks to it right away. Will this happen with the Instant Tyre Dressing??

Yes it can attract dust unless you buff it up, which will provide a more natural ‘matt’ finish

2) Engine and Machine Cleaner; as it is water based is it ok to spray in to the wheel arches and then spray clean with water?? I was worried incase it might be too strong in detergents and cause damage to rubber gaters on suspension or boot shoes.

Yes, you can use this product in the wheel arches, wet the surface, spray on the product and then agitate before rinsing off.

3) Engine and Machine Cleaner; If you can use it on wheel arches and you wash it off will it cause ill effect on tyres or disc brakes??

No, it will not cause any ill effect to the tyres or brakes.

4)Vinyl and Rubber care; can this be sprayed in to the wheel arches to dress the black plastics there?? Are there ill effects of this product getting on brakes or tyres??

You do need to avoid getting this product onto the Brakes and Tyres. This can be done by applying the product to a sponge and dressing the arch using the sponge, this will avoid getting it onto other areas.

Geoff