PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Polisher...

Pittssteelers
06-26-2006, 03:36 PM
...From Harbor Freight (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92623)...I just bought it for $29 this weekend for a cheap disposable one that I wouldn`t mind if it got destroyed. Let me tell you, this thing works as nice as my DeWalt, and weighs less! It has an adjustable speed control and for the price...well..I love the thing!!!

imported_truzoom
06-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Does it bog down any? What sort of pads are you using?

I`m tempted to buy one because my PC isn`t cutting it, and buying a set of 4" pads is roughly half the price of buying that CE Rotary.

MBurnickas
06-26-2006, 04:32 PM
That is the best deal I think I`ve ever seen on a new machine, sweet.

Pittssteelers
06-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Does it bog down any? What sort of pads are you using?

I`m tempted to buy one because my PC isn`t cutting it, and buying a set of 4" pads is roughly half the price of buying that CE Rotary.

No...actually runs very well! I use only 3M pads...

Just a note...a co-worker also bought one and had to change the brushes right from the beginning. The brush had a broke spring and wasn`t making good contact. Fortunately, the buffer comes with an extra set!

scooterguitar
06-27-2006, 05:00 PM
So is this like a PC? My PC isn`t getting the deep stuff, been thinking of getting one of those cheap $20 Wal AMrt ones or similar.

Pittssteelers
06-27-2006, 06:11 PM
So is this like a PC? My PC isn`t getting the deep stuff, been thinking of getting one of those cheap $20 Wal AMrt ones or similar.

No...this is a high speed rotary buffer...

scooterguitar
06-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Would my 6" Edge pads work on it?