PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Prep Questions...Come on in!

nonwelder
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Picked up some AW and Clear Coat Polish today. They did not have the Total Performance Polish. Oh well, maybe when the CCP runs out. They did not have the bonding agent either. So....questions are....Can I do without the bonding agent, and if yes, what should my prep be? I am guessing I could just polish with Menzerna and then lay some Duragloss down. Quick answers are appreciated, as I am planning to do a detail this week...soon!

thanks,

Brett

AL-53
06-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Since you do not have the bonding agent...I would clay and polish...if you have Klasse AIO..I think it would make a good base for duragloss..if no AIO...just apply the clear coat polish x 2 the first time..to ensure good coverage....wait a day or 2 and add another coat.you should be set then..

If you have Aquawax wait another day do a wash ..dry the car and apply AW...you will have something to look at then....one wet car....

good luck

AL

nonwelder
06-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks...I figured a good no filler polish would do it! Would Color-X work as a base?

nonwelder
06-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Ended up ordering some 601 from Duragloss directly. Great people, and I should have it by the end of the week! Perfect for my plan. Looks like one day of my long weekend will be spent detailing! :)

I am assuming I can wash, PBA, and CCP? The car is swirl free, so I would rather not polish.

Thanks!

AL-53
06-26-2006, 02:27 PM
yes..will be ok if paint is in good condition...Clay if you want to..wash..PBA...111(CCP)x2 for complete coverage and your good to go

just put the 601 on let it haze...leave it on....put the 111 on..let it haze...buff off with MF towel...I put them on by hand...I get better control of the application...but you can use a PC..it is up to you....

But remember..the Aquawax is the icing on the cake..it will bring it to the next level ..you will not regret using it...

Have Fun

Al

PINITI
06-26-2006, 04:33 PM
If the Paint needed a little more attention ... and if You`ve tried them - just curious to know, how are DG`s other Pre-Polishing Agents? (652 & 671) http://www.duragloss.com/catalog.asp?catid=92

nonwelder
06-27-2006, 06:07 AM
24 hour cure time with the 111? Curious...

ncsu602
06-27-2006, 06:20 AM
I emailed them about it and he did say 24 hr cure time. He also said 3 layers works great.

I`ve had a bottle of PBA and #111 for two months and haven`t had a chance to use them yet. Maybe soon.