PDA

View Full Version : Wich WW, Cobra or Micropak

maesal
06-26-2006, 08:20 AM
I`m looking for the best one, the softer. I`ve found this WW:

http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-waffle-weave.html

http://www.pakshak.com/ultra-soft-waffle-weave-micro-fiber-towel-16x27-1.html

Can anyobody compare both or tell me if there is another better?

Thanks !!

scooterguitar
06-26-2006, 08:22 AM
I dunno what I have, but I love it! I got it at an Autoparts tore for $10, can`t wait to try one of the good ones!

Mikeyc
06-26-2006, 08:50 AM
I have a Cobra Guzzler and absolutely love it. It`s so soft, absorbent, and durable. Plus, I have the biggest one and it has pockets sewn into the corners to make it easier to handle.

I haven`t used the Pak Shak one, but it certainly seems to be cheaper than the Cobra.

Wasatch
06-26-2006, 08:57 AM
I like the Pakshak stuff.

wytstang
06-26-2006, 08:58 AM
I have both and pakshaks is thicker, both are soft....

maesal
06-26-2006, 09:00 AM
I like the Pakshak stuff.

Have you tried the one that I linked?

My eyes prefer the one from Micropak, but I didn`t tried any of both.

Thanks !!

maesal
06-26-2006, 09:08 AM
I have both and pakshaks is thicker, both are soft....

Then, the one from Micropak is better, isn`t it?

racingbeat
06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
my two cents.

The softer ww I`ve had all have a problem: the threads catch way too easily. Once that happens its demotion to wheel duty.

So now I use a less soft but much more resilient ww with a tight weave. Excellent for drying during my No-Rinse cleanings and no more threads catching. I have the ones from poorboysworld.

About to order a few more.

My game plan is now to use the orange poorboys Mega MF towels for removing waxes and polishes,

the grey detail city.com towels for use with quick detailers once the car is CLEAN,

the green Sonus polishing towels on rockers, clean wheels and underside of bumpers

and the blue poorboys waffle weaves for drying.

Before I was just grabbing MF randomly and I ended up finding myself searching for new-ish towels for the final steps on my paint. I guess some "color coded" hierachy was overdue.

ZaneO
06-26-2006, 09:34 AM
I love the ultra soft from Pak Shak.

wytstang
06-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Then, the one from Micropak is better, isn`t it?

Whoops my apologies I have this one from pakshak http://www.pakshak.com/waffle-weave-micro-fiber-towel-25x36-1.html I can say that pakshak sells nothing but high quality towels as does AG (ecept the mango mf towels they suck) either one will work just fine.

imported_GMCloud27
06-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Absolutely love my WW from PakShak (same one) but have had a thread catch once.. :(

AG also makes some very fine products, you shouldn`t go wrong with either but at 12.00ish after discount, Ranney`s towels are hard to beat!

drck1000
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
I have both the Cobra WWW drying and Micropak WW Drying and I like the Micropak WW a little better. Both are very soft but the Micropak one is a little thicker. I do know that the Cobra WW is an 80/20 blend and I believe all of the Micropak MF`s are a 70/30 blend. I use the 16x24 Cobra WW towel when I clay. I use it to wipe up all of the detailing spray after claying a panel. It is very absorbant, even when it feels almost saturated.

I also have the Big Blue II from CMA, but am using those on drying door jambs and such after they got all beat up and replaced by the Micropak WW.

FWIW, I don`t think that you can go wrong with any of those. I go with Micropak as Pakshak is available locally for me an Ranney is a pleasure to deal with. Which reminds me, I need to order a few more WW glass and drying MFs! :D

maesal
06-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks for your comment, I`ll buy 2 Micropak.

Regards !!

SilverLexus
06-27-2006, 05:23 AM
I prefer PakShak mf above all else. Cobra is really good these days but Pak has the softest WW out there. :)