PDA

View Full Version : wax for smoke color car

groggy23
06-25-2006, 07:10 PM
I currently own an 04 altima, pretty much stock. I do my best keeping her clean at least every other week gets a wash(sonus) down with some QD(meguiars) right after. About 3-5 times a year I apply a nice wax of liquid NXT which does its job well. I`m happy with the results. But I want more depth and shine like you can get on a black car. Most of the times direct sunlight kills the depth and shine of my car. I considered switching wax, I just don`t know what. I`m not the kind of person that has time to apply multiple coats of wax and what have you. My time is quite limited with 2 kids running amuck one of which is in his terrible twos. So its hard for me to juggle time with work and taking care of the kids. Anyway, I`d appreciate if you guys have any suggestions as to what other products are out there.

autoprincess
06-25-2006, 07:22 PM
I too have a black car and understand what you are talking about when wanting to get the car nice deep, black, clear, and rich and color. There are methods you do and waxing is not really one of them. Being you have little time on your hands I`ll give you the least time consuming and most satifactory for your situation.

Use an orbital buffer with terry cloth bonnett and with Mequiars #82, then finish the buff with some Mother`s or Mequiar`s Carnuba Pate Wax. This will give you some great results.

I got my black car to shine so rich in color that the metalic in the paint made the black almost look almond, it was sharp looking and was very pleased with the appearance. Driving a nice clean black car is fun.

groggy23
06-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks, I do have an old orbital buffer in the garage somewhere, hopefully it`ll still work. I will try the Carnuba wax.