PDA

View Full Version : For those who are hesitant to clean their roofliner....

99 Maxima SE-L
06-25-2006, 06:45 PM
I decided that it was finnaly time to do this, as it was the only thing that was keeping my car from being perfectly detailed. And the dingyness killed the rest of the otherwise perfect interior. I had the infamous line across the sunroof, and dingy areas in the usual areas.

I came across this stuff in my fiance`s parents house from Woolite. It is called Woolite Fabric and Upholstrey Foam cleaner with FibraPure Odor Eliminator. It comes in a blue spray can and sprays a thick foam.

I got a bucket and filled it with water (JUST to keep the microfiber towel moist and rinsed durring the whole process. I sprayed directly onto the roof and began to rub :nervous2: I was scared that my roof liner would turn into an 85 Regal and start to hang. but it all went okay. This stuff works WONDERS. rub it in, go over with a damp cloth and then another dry microfiber towel and You can acheive a new roofliner with minimal fuss and AMAZING results. Just constantly rinse your application/agitation towel and you will see all the dirt come out. My bucket water turned murky gray/black. I cant believe i got these kinda results without an extractor. Go get this stuff. I can`t stop looking at how clean it is. It looks like it rolled off the assembly line. My car also smells fresher too. :bounce

imported_gusbubba
06-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Nice tip. Thanks.

imported_Grouse
06-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I decided that it was finnaly time to do this, as it was the only thing that was keeping my car from being perfectly detailed. And the dingyness killed the rest of the otherwise perfect interior. I had the infamous line across the sunroof, and dingy areas in the usual areas.

I came across this stuff in my fiance`s parents house from Woolite. It is called Woolite Fabric and Upholstrey Foam cleaner with FibraPure Odor Eliminator. It comes in a blue spray can and sprays a thick foam.

I got a bucket and filled it with water (JUST to keep the microfiber towel moist and rinsed durring the whole process. I sprayed directly onto the roof and began to rub :nervous2: I was scared that my roof liner would turn into an 85 Regal and start to hang. but it all went okay. This stuff works WONDERS. rub it in, go over with a damp cloth and then another dry microfiber towel and You can acheive a new roofliner with minimal fuss and AMAZING results. Just constantly rinse your application/agitation towel and you will see all the dirt come out. My bucket water turned murky gray/black. I cant believe i got these kinda results without an extractor. Go get this stuff. I can`t stop looking at how clean it is. It looks like it rolled off the assembly line. My car also smells fresher too. :bounce

What you did is basically the "fine fabric" cleaning process. Very astute of you to do it that way. Really it`s comon sense. I might have chose differently than woolite but that version is not the same as woolite for clothes.

basically you clean any fine fabric like this

Dry vac to remove dust. 90% of what is in the fabric is dry dust best removed by a vacuum

dry vac at 90* angle to remove more dust. Your woking on a woven fiber this will cut your cleaning time dramatically.

lather a foam on a sponge or MF towel or spritzer with very good atomizer.

work into fabric very very gently.

Wipe off with clean towel.

Dry vac with clean vacuum to remove moisture.

apply large amounts to ventalation to dry asap

* edit*

you must be very cautious how much lift your vacuum provides in instances like this. Many normal vacuums can rip delicate fibers. Use one that allows you to control how much lift you have. Via vent hole

shortspark
06-26-2006, 03:40 AM
Good tips. The part of my truck that has to get worked on is the passenger side vanity mirror area. My fiance always pulls the visor mirror up and down and her hands usually have make-up or something on them that leaves smudges and marks. I think this woolite product may be just the trick. If not, I`ll just toss her out of the truck the next time she does it.