PDA

View Full Version : Applying PB`s natty blue paste wax?

99atlantic
06-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Stupid question ( :/ ) -> I`m used to using Meguair`s type waxes whereby you just shake and squeeze the bottle and it comes out onto your applicator - now I see that the paste wax is just a solid lump of wax....I`ve never used anything like that before - am I supposed to just take my applicator and rub it around on the wax, then wax my car? Or should I dampen the applicator first like the directions say? i don`t know; i`m so lost on this n00b question :(

Way2SSlow
06-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Stupid question ( :/ ) ->am I supposed to just take my applicator and rub it around on the wax, then wax my car? Or should I dampen the applicator first like the directions say?

Yeah, that`s about it. I always dampen the applicator.

chaosboi916
06-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Stupid question ( :/ ) -> I`m used to using Meguair`s type waxes whereby you just shake and squeeze the bottle and it comes out onto your applicator - now I see that the paste wax is just a solid lump of wax....I`ve never used anything like that before - am I supposed to just take my applicator and rub it around on the wax, then wax my car? Or should I dampen the applicator first like the directions say? i don`t know; i`m so lost on this n00b question :(

i findign that by spraying your foam applicator pad w/ water first then rub it around the wax works best..helps u apply it really thin

tomee
06-25-2006, 06:31 PM
yup i always moist my applicator pad before applying paste wax.

whether it be a light mist of water, or #34

99atlantic
06-25-2006, 06:32 PM
What happens if you don`t dampen it first? (just curious because usually I suck at dampening things and usually end up just soaking them ^_^ )

icu812
06-25-2006, 06:43 PM
What happens if you don`t dampen it first? (just curious because usually I suck at dampening things and usually end up just soaking them ^_^ )it makes it hard to apply the wax as some of the pad is dry

what I do is take some QD (quick detailer) and wet the foam then ring it out now you have a dampened pad