PDA

View Full Version : Thihnking about #80/NXT for white car

PiL
06-24-2006, 08:24 PM
I just bought a new `06 VW Touareg (white). Thinking about putting down Megs #80 first then NXT on top. Should I top with #26 as the last step? Recommendations? Will this be the best combo for a white car? Since it is new, should I use a cleaner first before anything else?

Pats300zx
06-25-2006, 03:58 AM
The #80/NXT combo used to be quite popular on white back in the days I don`t think you need a cleaner first since its a new car. #80 should take care of that for you. I would recommend claying after you wash and before the #80.

I plan on using this identical combo on my sisters white Explorer.

I will be doing my white Toyota 4Runner next weekend. I plan on using AIO and EX-P and topping with Poorboys Nattys.

PiL
06-25-2006, 04:19 AM
Does anyone still use Blitz Wax or 3M IHG? I still have some of this stuff in the garage - what`s the shelf life of car care products?

Pats300zx
06-25-2006, 06:04 AM
Blitz used to be well known in the past for its durability. I still have some old 3M IHG as well. I always found that IHG and Megs #7 were kinda difficult to use. I found could achieve the same look with different products with greater ease.

Beason
06-25-2006, 11:27 AM
I used it very effectivly on white. I suggest applying NXT with a polishing pad on a PC around speed 4. Works wonders.

Scottwax
06-25-2006, 12:18 PM
#80/NXT is a very nice combo on white, wet and reflective...plus, it couldn`t be any easier.

imported_reeeko99
06-25-2006, 12:55 PM
I just bought a new `06 VW Touareg (white). Thinking about putting down Megs #80 first then NXT on top. Should I top with #26 as the last step? Recommendations? Will this be the best combo for a white car? Since it is new, should I use a cleaner first before anything else?

I love #80, so easy to use and great results.... works great with a PC/Megs Polish pad.

Can be used by hand as well.

Gallon of #80 only cost`s around $20 a gallon at O`Reilly`s. You have to order it.

I just did #80 and Synwax on a Acura last weekend and was mighty impressed.

Deep weet look.

I did my White Caravan with Long Haul Truck Polish/Wax and AW and could not be happier.

Super slick and shiny. Much faster results with this combo IMO.

I used Klasse AIO/SGx2 on the Van last season. Not bad either.

Just took awhile to get it applied and prepped.

By no means hard work, but I hate detailing that Van....Allot of paint /trim to work on.

PiL
06-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. Will I be able to buy Megs #80 OTC? I know that I have seen Megs NXT in retail stores. I bought & still have some Megs Show Car Glaze (#7) and Swirl Remover (#9) from Pep Boys. Are either of these comparable to #80? If not, will I be able to buy #80 at Pep Boys?

imported_reeeko99
06-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. Will I be able to buy Megs #80 OTC? I know that I have seen Megs NXT in retail stores. I bought & still have some Megs Show Car Glaze (#7) and Swirl Remover (#9) from Pep Boys. Are either of these comparable to #80? If not, will I be able to buy #80 at Pep Boys?

Try O Reilly`s or CarQuest and have them order it.

or

order online.

fstop128
06-25-2006, 08:26 PM
honda dealers carry several lines of meguiar`s products. probably cheaper to go online to get them though. they have the medallion paint cleaner, several professional line products u dont get at area auto parts stores. www.meguiarsonline.com

Alfisti
06-26-2006, 03:43 AM
Should I top with #26 as the last step?

I wouldn`t. #26 is great for darker colours as it adds depth, but lessens gloss.

With white you need to maximize gloss to make it stand out. Stick with #80 and NXT...should look killer.

As an additional suggestion you could try FX Synwax over #80, as one of the other posters tried. It`ll be a bit more shiney compared to NXT. Not everyone likes that level of shine, but worth a try.

PiL
06-26-2006, 04:30 AM
How much of an impact will the #80 make on new paint? Since this is a new car, can I just put down a few coats of NXT?

imported_reeeko99
06-26-2006, 10:13 AM
How much of an impact will the #80 make on new paint? Since this is a new car, can I just put down a few coats of NXT?

Check on application of multiple layers of NXT on this site.

It has cleaners in it I`ve read from other posters and may be all you need or want.

By hand you may be able to layer it. NXT will proabably be fine.

All depends on how good you want it too look.

If you have the time , do #80 and NXT and see how it looks.

Otherwise go NXT only if time is limited.

I think you want a paint prep stage in there if the Car has never had it done.

#80 will give your that extra "nice" factor.

IMO worth the extra step and time.