PDA

View Full Version : Noob would appreciate a little help...

Concorde
06-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Hi guys, I`ve got a brand new paint job on my car (roughly 2 months old) so I`m about to be "allowed" to wax/seal it, since it has cured enough. I`m not a professional detailer by any means and have access to a limited variety of product.

I`m going to buy a wax/sealant product pretty soon and I was hesitant between these :

Turtle wax platinum paste wax

Meg`s NXT paste wax

Meg`s Goldclass paste wax

EO Nanowax

These are the products I can easily find.

I was going to buy the NXT paste wax, is it the best choice among these 4 ?? I`m looking for good look and ease of use but I`m not going after durability ....

What`s your take ?????

imported_Chris223
06-22-2006, 09:53 AM
If you have a Pep-Boys nearby, see if they have Mothers Reflections or FX Synwax, it`s deffinately better than all 4 of those. If not, I`d personally use Turtle Wax PUG, I`ve used the liquid, goes on nicely, comes off easy, looks great, and the best durability of the other 3. Plus, I found PUG for $3.99 at Big Lots.

Sherman8r44
06-22-2006, 09:56 AM
If you have a Pep-Boys nearby, see if they have Mothers Reflections or FX Synwax, it`s deffinately better than all 4 of those. If not, I`d personally use Turtle Wax PUG, I`ve used the liquid, goes on nicely, comes off easy, looks great, and the best durability of the other 3. Plus, I found PUG for $3.99 at Big Lots.

+1 :bigups

autoprincess
06-22-2006, 09:59 AM
I agree with Chris about the Mother`s. I personally don`t like the turtle wax brand, but that`s just me.

I look for easy on easy off, with great results. Pick up a good Microfiber Rag to remove the wax, you`ll be well pleased with the results.

imported_themightytimmah
06-22-2006, 10:32 AM
If you have a good boat store nearby, look there for Collinite waxes. IMHO theyre quite a bit better than what you`ll find OTC in most auto parts stores.

imported_steveo3002
06-22-2006, 11:19 AM
mother or nxt should be good

Concorde
06-22-2006, 01:10 PM
I don`t have access to Mothers FX line .... I think we`ve narrowed it down to NXT and Turtle wax PUG. Meg`s NXT paste is twice as expensive as Turtle Wax PUG over here.

Can both of these product be topped with EO Nanowax spray ??

imported_steveo3002
06-22-2006, 01:29 PM
id steer towards the meguiars product if i were you....they offer a money back if not happy thing anyway

ive tried alot of waxes and sealants...nxt is right up there with the best for looks