PDA

View Full Version : Choose one product for paint only.

racingbeat
06-21-2006, 02:36 PM
wait a minute I should have posted this here in products section..

__________________________________________________ _______

ok let`s say after your wash your are permitted only one, UNO, 1 product

for your paint.

That`s it no qd`s, sprays, goops, waxes etc.

You have to rely on one product to cover the bases.

Which would you choose?

p.s.

This question was prompted by hearing someone say that the industry is duping people into believeing that modern paints and clear coats need multiple products to kee looking new. Said person claimed all you need is one good wax applied regularly

imported_Picus
06-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Well obviously that person is crazy :)

If I had to choose one I`d go with Clearkote Vanilla Moose. Light polishing, decent glazing, some protection... Clearly that would suck and I would die, though.

Brian_Brice
06-21-2006, 02:45 PM
wait a minute I should have posted this here in products section..

__________________________________________________ _______

ok let`s say after your wash your are permitted only one, UNO, 1 product

for your paint.

That`s it no qd`s, sprays, goops, waxes etc.

You have to rely on one product to cover the bases.

Which would you choose?

p.s.

This question was prompted by hearing someone say that the industry is duping people into believeing that modern paints and clear coats need multiple products to kee looking new. Said person claimed all you need is one good wax applied regularly

was it the guy on the nu finish commercial that told you that?

uhhh after washing....thats so hard, most product need a bonding agent that doesnt produce enough protection, id just have to say aio i suppose, glad i dont live in that world though

awahl63
06-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Color X...

racingbeat
06-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Well obviously that person is crazy :)

:rofl

you know I think he`s actually right. These 10 step product line ups have so much

product overlap. And the more you add these products the more you end up swirling

the paint thus perpetuating the need to buy more product to undo negatives of the constant detailing.

Very shrewd me thinks!

A good spray wax with cleaninng/sealing/shine with its very own clay bar would be the way.

In the meantime I guess I would go with ALL in One as well.

Am I wrong or does AIO have sealant in it already? no need really to follow up with SG.

Othewise they would have to call it ALL But ONe :D

imported_Grouse
06-21-2006, 03:07 PM
LOL if i could add one thing to my paint to protect it?

http://zenstoves.net/PotAccessories/Rustoleum.jpg

seriously if i could not maintain it at x quality level i would just start spraying rust protectant and neutralizer on it.

Mitchubishievo
06-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Klasse all in one.

EMazda3S
06-21-2006, 03:29 PM
I`d go with AIO as well. It does have acrylic sealant in it along with the cleaners. Of course, I`d have to use it every few washes. Along the same line, one could go with any version of Werkstatt`s Prime and get the same (or more) benefits. Cleaning/polishing and protection on just about every surface after the wash. What more could you ask for? A lot in our world. :)

imported_MCA
06-21-2006, 04:19 PM
ooooh...tough call...it`s between Meguiar`s ColorX or Klasse AIO

intergalactica
06-27-2006, 07:02 AM
I recommend Meguiar`s ColorX. It cleans extremely well and lays down a highly reflective, long-lasting polymer finish. I`ve used Meguiar`s #21 Synthetic and NXT Tech wax but ColorX is still my favorite! Try it and you`ll be pleasantly surprised.

I apply ColorX with a Meguiar`s G104 cordless buffer and I consistently get spectacular results that rivals any 3-Step (cleaner+polisher+wax) system! As for the G104, I highly recommend this cordless buffer. As a matter of fact, I also own a Meguiar`s G100 and a Craftsman buffer and I always seem to go for the G104 due to its versatility and ease of handling.

ColorX + G104 = A Winning Combination! :bigups

racingbeat
06-27-2006, 10:13 AM
cordless buffer sound great but honestly after using Duragloss Aqua Wax followed by FK 425 I doubt I will ever use an applicator pad again. The deep long lasting shine is soooo easy.

It would be close to impossible to tell the difference between using these two quick detailers and

the results I would get using my buffer and paste waxes.

Pittssteelers
06-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Only ONE?!?! Then give me a beer because I am gonna need that more than anything else!

imported_DARKSTI
06-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Werkstatt Prime

Brian_Brice
06-27-2006, 02:18 PM
lol piss good call

grouse, of course leave it to the guy from seattle to pick rust proofing

imported_Bence
06-27-2006, 03:21 PM
FK1 #215. It has better protection and bite than Prime.