PDA

View Full Version : MF towels...

imported_steveo3002
06-21-2006, 08:51 AM
ive got to the stage where im cleaning friends and familys cars for a little extra $...anyway i need alot more MF towels to keep up

is there a way to tell what mf towels are reasonble quality and what ones are not ? most vendors quote the content %

im seeing ebay has multipacks for approx $1 towel...where as a premium brand name wax companys may charge $6 or so :eek:

is it possible to find no name stuff thats good enough ? i know i wont find the finest mf towels for cheap but i need cheaper than buying em seperatly

autobahn
06-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Costco MFs are your solution. They come in packs of 20 or 25 and they`re pretty decent. Wash them first before you use them in cold water with woolite and do an "extra rinse" on your wash machine, or if it doesn`t have that setting send them through a rinse cycle after the first wash.

After 3 washes, mine still pass the CD test...

autobahn
06-21-2006, 09:06 AM
And, honestly, there`s no real way of telling the quality on sight alone. Just about every single MF is going to be 80/20 or 70/30 and the costcos at 80/20 are perfectly fine and leave no marring.

If they get icky, try washing on warm with woolite.

autobahn
06-21-2006, 09:07 AM
BTW, the "CD test" is where you take an MF and rub it on the surface of a CD and see if it leaves any scratches.