PDA

View Full Version : ocw over upp

webstrive
06-20-2006, 04:17 PM
hi,

I clayed, polished, applied AIO and UPP about 2 weeks ago,

I was thinking of trying another layer of UPP, but I had OCW and I hadn`t used yet so this week i did:

wash with optimum no rinse

also QD`d with clearkote quikshine

then i applied ocw with MF

i had read posts that it doesn`t leave the finish as slick as UPP alone, but i didn`t find this, also the metallic flake in the paint really stood out. it was pretty quick to apply and take off too. it was very very sunny today, so perhaps the affect appeared to be more than it was.

but, i think in this case since i barely drove the car since applied UPP i didn`t need to clay or do any other prep.

does OCW last very long, is it ok to apply it weekly or bi-weekly without claying?

i have sonus green clay, so perhaps if needed i could use that

a.k.a. Patrick
06-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I often go to a Opt Wax after a monthly wash, but I have UPP as my base protectant.

The Clearkote may actually deter Opt`s durability though.....

No problem applying as often as bi weekly, but I wouldnt think its real necessary.

webstrive
06-20-2006, 06:38 PM
i guess i was trying to make extra sure no dirt was on the surface so i QD`d before the OCW

the quikshine works great IMHO ... but i see your point, it does seem to have significant cleaning ability

if OCW is applied on a surface that has some contaminants and needs claying .. what happens? how will it alter the look of OCW?

s2skimon
06-21-2006, 06:27 AM
I`ve found OCW will still look glossy and deep over those areas..