PDA

View Full Version : Ruined RSX

ElPresidente
06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I was talking to my friend the other day and he was saying how he wanted to wash his RSX today. I asked him what soap he uses and he told me Cascade, as in the dishwashing liquid along with one of those hard foam car sponges.

So I washed his car today for him and waxed it but the entire car feels like sandpaper. There`s a ton of swirl marks and some parts look like he was trying to scrape dirt off lol. You can`t even tell the difference between the waxed and unwaxed areas.

Anyways, what would you guys reccomend to fix up his car?

imported_Grouse
06-20-2006, 04:08 PM
with out pics i think you`ll get some pretty basic answers.

wash,

clay,

polish with 4` pads

final polish

maybe a glaze

maybe a sealant

couple of layers of wax

and for the purpose of garnering all favor you can. sacrifice 3 goats and one chicken.

awahl63
06-20-2006, 05:08 PM
an autopian detail

imported_themightytimmah
06-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Heh, a rotary might not be a bad starting point :). Consider having him send it to a competent pro, you can fix it via PC and 4" pads but its going to take forever. Just taking a guess, I`d go

Overspray clay

HT Extreme/wool pad/1250RPM

Optimum Hyper/light cut foam/1500RPM

Menzerna P0106FF/polishing foam/PC on 6

Glaze

Carnuba

You`d be amazed how aggressive you need to get to remove marring on a car like that. I`d highly suggest having someone with a paint thickness meter buff it, as you`re probably going to need to remove .2mils or so to get it looking good, and that`ll come pretty close to taking the clear out. Make sure he improves his technique after, as you`ll only be able to polish it that heavily once or twice before CC failure.

ElPresidente
06-21-2006, 03:37 PM
I have a feeling you`re right and he`ll have to get it professionally done. I don`t think I want to invest that much time in it if I don`t get paid lol

mikebai1990
06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Yikes! It`s a shame an RSX would be destroyed that easily. But I`m sure that with a good detail, everything will be restored as good as new! Good luck!