PDA

View Full Version : What is the best/fastest way to remove 3M Clear Bra?

LeadingEdgeDetail
06-20-2006, 02:00 PM
I`ve had a few people ask me if I can remove the clear bra for them, and I currently have NO idea how they`re even put on, let alone removed!

Any info appreciated!

LeadingEdgeDetail
06-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Just to add, I have a heatgun which I use to remove stickers, would it be the same process?

Thinking of it like a large bumper sticker means it`s gonna take HOURS to get something that huge off... Would I be correct in charging at least $100 to remove it?

Z K
06-20-2006, 03:20 PM
My installer replaced a piece of clear bra he`d gotten bubbles in. Watching him do it, he just grabbed the edge and peeled it off. He sprayed some kind of lubricant underneath after he`d gotten an edge while he was peeling to aid the process

jerler
06-20-2006, 05:13 PM
My guess is the lubricant was a mixture of alchohol and water. This is what is used to install it as well to keep it lubricated so it can be positioned and bubbles squeeged out.

bad venge
06-20-2006, 06:46 PM
The ones I`ve seen removed left large scale adhesive residue ...Plan on loads of cleaning too ...

Heat gun helps loosen things up to get an edge worked loose Then keep heating IFO it as you pull

If I were you I`d give him a price per hour then you don`t screw yourself if it takes 6 hours

gmblack3
06-20-2006, 07:52 PM
I removed some xpel off of my old 01 Z06 when it yellowed. Xpel sent me a new kit for free.

Just heat up an edge with hair dryer or heatgun. Keep heating up the area that you are pulling on. Mine only left an outline of adhesive which was removed with a wash.