PDA

View Full Version : What CLeaning Products.

Nice-N-Clean
03-15-2005, 07:20 PM
As some of you know Iam only 15 so my knowledge really hasnt been extended on what detail products to buy. So if eveyone could list their FAVORITE products it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a million
wade

tsx2004
03-15-2005, 07:39 PM
i really like poorboys products. they make very good car products and im really happy with mine. i have poorboys natural look and i used it for my interior and my interior sure do look nice afterwards. check out good sites like www.premiumautocare.com
and www.autogeek.com

poorboys and four star are my favorite. meguiars are good too and ive used some of their products and i was pleased with them. wolfgang is another good brand name.

for sealant wax check out the four star ultimate paint protection(UPP), this wax kicks butt and its really good. for carnauba wax check out s100 and poorboys natty`s wax. there is also P21S and pinnacle sourveran but they are more expensive.

http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=3136

check out and read the article from the link above.

dpeezy415
03-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Wow, you`ll get TOO many ideas as everyone has there own favs differing from others. I made the same mistake and bought A LOT that people were using and the differences in them is very minimal, but all GOOD.

If I were you I`d look at your needs first. How many cars do you plan on doing? What kind of budget are you talking about? How serious about detailing are you?

If you are serious think about saving up and getting a PC (or rotary polisher). A real detail is nothing without polishing and removing paint defects.

You can also buy a lot of stuff locally. Check this thread for products to buy around your area:

Beginner to detailing thread (http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=10429)

Good luck and Welcome!!!

Nice-N-Clean
03-15-2005, 07:45 PM
My truck is a 2002 Silverado. It is a fully loaded Black with gray leather model. It was owned by a 88 year old man who just paid people to clean it when he felt it needed it. Somehow it got swirl marks on the driver side and hood. They arent all that bad but I see them. I was thinking about the pinnacle advanced swirl remover and the signature series wax. Would this help me any?
Thanks a million
wade

emetzger
03-15-2005, 07:49 PM
i got the penicale kit from autogeek. it comes with wash, qd, paint cleaner, and wax, plus you can use detail city discount. for swirls i use poorboys ssr 2.5 and ssr1 applyed with pc

Nice-N-Clean
03-15-2005, 07:49 PM
And I wont be doing more than 2 cars a weekend. My truck, and my moms 2002 Grand Cherokee Limited or my sisters 2001 Lincoln LS. The jeep is white and the lincoln is black. My dad has a 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, but wont le me touch it! I dont really blame him but I wont be doing the Jeep or the Lincoln as much as I will be doing my truck. Will the products above work?

pappy
03-15-2005, 07:55 PM
never tried pinnacle stuff yet. but if ur using a pc it will probally take some swirls out. lots of people around here go poorboys since its our sponsor and have great great stuff for great prices. the stuff u said will probally take some out. i have heard good stuff about that wax also.

dpeezy415
03-15-2005, 08:06 PM
My suggestion would be to save up for a PC first. The waxes or sealants or polishes you buy won`t have a dramatic effect unless you get your swirls removed. And once you get good with it (which would only take a few times) you can start MAKING MONEY and getting your details for free!!!

Also, that Pinnacle Swirl Remover will do very little by hand. You`ll have to go more abrasive than that, like SSR2.5 or SSR3 or ScratchX.

If I were you I`d just buy some NXT Tech Wax, some NXT car wash or Gold Class Shampoo, and Armorall and go to town with that first. Maybe a Mother`s Clay Bar. Earn some money and save up for the PC. You will NOT regret it.

JaredPointer
03-16-2005, 09:32 AM
I`ll list some of my favorites. Hopefully it can lead you in a direction when you decide to make purchases.

Wash - 4* Ultimate Auto Shampoo, NXT
Clay - Claymagic (blue)
Swirl removers - Poorboy`s SSR3, SSR2.5, SSR1
Chemical Polish - Adam`s Revive, Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba, Meg`s ColorX
Glaze - Adam`s Brilliance Spray Glaze
Sealant - 4* UPP
Wax - Victoria Wax Concours Wax, Pinnacle Paste Glaz, S100
Tire & Wheel Cleaner - Eagle One A2Z
Tire Dressing - Teflon Tire Shine, Adam`s VRT
Interior Dressing - Adam`s VRT
Exterior Dressing - Adam`s VRT
APC - Simple Green
Glass cleaner - Stoner Invisible Glass
MF - Adam`s MF, Big Blue from PAC
QD - Adam`s Detailing Spray
Waterless Wash - Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe

Hope that can help you somewhat.

Nice-N-Clean
03-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Ok this is what I ordered:
The Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.
The Pinnacle advanced swirl remover.
Wolfgang concours Paint sealant.
Pinnacle Body Wash.
Pinnacle Body Lotion.
Pinnacle mist spray wax.

I do have a orbital ( i believe) buffer that Ive had for some time now. I want the porter cable 7424 though.
My question is in what order do I use these? I dont want to put on the wax and then find out I shouldve put something else on before. Please help! Remember iam out to remove swirls and water spots from a black 02 Silverado.

pappy
03-16-2005, 07:47 PM
if the buffer u have now is the ones you can pick up from target or wally world...then it would probally be easier to do it by hand. those things are basicly only good for spreading wax around....maybe...

but for order.....(i think i got everything u ordered)

pinn wash.
swirl remove
lotion
sealent
wax.

never used the swirl remover so if you do, tell us if it removed anything.

Nice-N-Clean
03-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Ok thanks! I was wondering where the sealant came in at. I always thought it was after wax! Thanks!!!