PDA

View Full Version : Costco Yellow MFs

Pages : [1] 2 3

autobahn
06-20-2006, 01:47 PM
I love these things. They shed a little bit out of the bag, but after a wash cycle in woolite and a double rinse, they are great.

So cheap! I`ve noticed no marring, they are the good 70/30 blend too.

Anyone else like these MFs? I know a lot of people love boutique MFs, but I go through way too many MFs to afford boutique brands. Plus, since I haven`t noticed any marring, I can`t understand how other MFs could be better...?

They are so cheap that my plan is to package a microfiber and a 6-8oz bottle of glass cleaner along with every detail as a thank-you gift. :)

imported_Grouse
06-20-2006, 01:51 PM
I think i have 4 bundles of them sofar. I will note their durability is about 3-4 washes. after that I can`t seem to keep them well enough for paint. This may just be bad mf handling practices on my part.

autobahn
06-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I think so, my first set has gone through about 4 washes and they seem like new.

I wash in cold water with woolite and rinse in cold water.

What brand are your towels?

imported_Grouse
06-20-2006, 01:58 PM
the same ones from costco. that is what happens when you use them as dish towels because they are cheap. It is actually not that bad of a thing, Now i use them on cleaning detail not on paint. Wheels and junk.

autobahn
06-20-2006, 02:05 PM
hahaha :)

mine come perfectly clean in the wash, I know it`s sin but I mix my paint MFs with my doorjamb MFs and my bug wash MFs :) no problems yet. I`m gonna do a CD test on the next wash cycle.

stilez
06-20-2006, 02:05 PM
I`m going to pick up some tonight when I`m at Costco.

I need a good interior/wheel/jam towel. I think this will do the jobs so I can throw out my 3-year old Wal-Mart MFs :).

autobahn
06-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Like I said, I think they`re good enough for paint.

Do a CD test... I think you`ll be surprised! :)

74 thing
06-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I cannot get them to stop shedding lint. I have washed them 3 times and the yellow still comes off and is very noticable on the windows.

Sherman8r44
06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Costco must have changed the brand of the yellow MF`s they sell. I bought mine a year ago, and they shed like mad all over windows and dark paint. They most certainly do NOT pass the CD test, and after a few washes they became stiff as cardboard. I don`t even trust them on wheels anymore...they are disposable, strictly for tires and wheel wells.

Glowin97x
06-20-2006, 04:05 PM
i love mine! picked them up about a month ago. they pass the cd test and i havent seen any shedding or marring at all

imported_hadboosttroy
06-20-2006, 09:44 PM
i have some that I have washed at least 20 times, I love them. no shedding at all. I don`t use them on paint, but they are awesome for anything else.

SilverLexus
06-20-2006, 10:00 PM
The Costco ones are good but I like the blue Sam`s Club mf even better.

BigAl3
06-20-2006, 11:50 PM
The Costco ones are good but I like the blue Sam`s Club mf even better.

you read my mind.... :)

firegate
06-21-2006, 12:42 AM
I keep a pack around for engine compartment, wheels, etc, but I`d want something a bit more plush to use on paint in case they encounter some dirt.

DuMouixe
06-21-2006, 01:18 AM
yeah, $0.50/ea. is hard to beat. I use them as disposable towels, drying windows, wheels, motorcycle chrome, my beater truck, kitchen, bath, wash them about 3 times and toss them, easier that way, once I`ve encountered a tremendously gooey mess, toss. Burn about 2-3 per wash.