PDA

View Full Version : Worst Swirls And Orange Peel Ever!

Pages : [1] 2 3

drew.haynes
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Take a look... NOT MY FAULT!!! Guy that did my body work left hazy orange peel paint on the new panels... and made the rest of my car have the swirls from hell!!! It was NEVER that swirly!!!

I`m gettin a PC and some polishes soon to see what I can do. That guy will never work on my car again!

drew.haynes
06-20-2006, 01:10 PM
More of the same...

autobahn
06-20-2006, 01:11 PM
never work on it again? you should take that **** back and demand some money back.

awahl63
06-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Holy crap.

chrisallen
06-20-2006, 02:45 PM
That has to be the worst swirl marks and paint I have ever seen for a repair

Chris

Pittssteelers
06-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Take it back and demand them to fix it! That is some serious `holographic` swirling there!!!

mcnab
06-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Ahh yah I`d definitly be taking that one back and demanding that they FIX that (someone else at the shop)....

Noobie + Rotary for the win there... :banned:

I don`t know how they let it leave the shop like that...Much less let a customer see it.

06Accordx2
06-20-2006, 03:24 PM
You can PC all you want, but that won`t get out the orange peel. That`s where you need to begin the repair process, because the swirls are on top of the orange peel anyway. Back in the day (1980`s) I was an auto body painter. I didn`t do much repair work, just paint. Orange peel can only be removed by wet sanding, then applying new clearcoat. Typical problem with an inexperienced painter using enamal. Definately take it back and raise heck with them. That`s one reason I always preferred a two stage lacquer. With a tad of retarder, it would flow real nice and even. Then clear it and buff. Shows you how old I am....I don`t think anyone uses lacquer anymore.

RTexasF
06-20-2006, 03:24 PM
I agree. That needs to be returned accompanied by a long talk with the head honcho. Any local news folks in your area that like to expose lousy business practices? :shocked

Campese
06-20-2006, 03:47 PM
I had a panel repainted awhile ago, and thought mine was bad. Compared to yours they did a perfect job on mine. Sorry

DaGonz
06-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Any body shop owner who would let a vehicle out of his shop in that condition has no business being in the auto body field!

webstrive
06-20-2006, 03:54 PM
i`ll 2nd the option of trying to get some media exposure *if* they give you a hard time

Wasatch
06-20-2006, 04:07 PM
WOW! Thats`s pretty bad. Definitely bring it back. I`ll tell you what, I`ve seen cars in that shape before and the owners did not think twice about it (no orange peel), just a detail session I guess. They think it`s the way it`s suppose to come back, that just detailed look (holograms), LOL

jasonmac
06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah, that`s bad, just to add another echo of what everyone else said. Was this a `cheap` job? The shop I use had plenty of references, and the guys at the shop weren`t afraid to talk and answer questions.

Did you get a separate paint and clear, or was it a mix/one coat?

drew.haynes
06-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah it was a cheap paint job. I had never heard of the guy other than through my dad`s friend and his friend who both do alot of car work. Guess it`s my fault for not checking it out. They both REALLY know cars... but I guess when it comes to them they are more mechanically minded and wouldn`t give the same thought to appearance that I would. I don`t want him to TOUCH any panel other than the nose and fender and hood where he painted.... can I get the swirls out of the rest w/ the PC... and then he can just sand and reclear the parts he did?