PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still using Poorboy`s EX and/or EX-P?

Pages : [1] 2

Inzane
06-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Just curious who still uses EX and EX-P fairly regularly.

One question I have is did both those products get revised versions sometime in the last couple years?

I currently have EX-P only, and AFAIK its the original version of it. I hadn`t used it very much but the VM + EX-P combo looks fantastic on my Cajun Spice (dark metallic red) Sentra. And I just recently tried it for the first time on my black 300ZX. Also, I found it worked better applying with my PC (w/ a black/grey finishing pad), vs. hand application.

All three of our vehicles are dark colors. Just curious, should I look at getting EX to try, or are EX and EX-P fairly close?

Thanks!

imported_mburnickas
06-20-2006, 08:41 AM
I only use EX-P.

Also does VM (glaze) have fillers in it?

Z K
06-20-2006, 09:11 AM
I`m using EX but thinking of switching to a pure sealant because I want a more reflective glassy look on my silver metallic car. I just ordered the Werkstatt twins yesterday.

I`ve found that the EX topped with Souveran paste looked pretty good but lacks durability on my daily driver.

racingbeat
06-20-2006, 09:26 AM
I simultaneously ordered EXP and Werksatt Trigger.

Very very similar, both in results and application.

With sealants only used a handful of times a year I think the two bottles will

last me until everyone is driving electric cars.

SayNoToPistons
06-20-2006, 09:36 AM
im using ex-p now. looks nice on Brilliant Silver :) . the flakes pops like crazy!

Setec Astronomy
06-20-2006, 09:39 AM
I simultaneously ordered EXP and Werksatt Trigger.

Very very similar, both in results and application.

I haven`t used Trigger, but I have used SG and Sonus Acrylic Glanz, and I would consider these products to be about as dissimilar as you can get when comparing sealants.

Clarification: I mean that EX-P and SG/AJ/Acrylic Glanz are about as opposite as you can get and still be talking sealants, both in application and performance.

JaCkaL829
06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Yes both version of EX we`re revised. I`ve never used the revised version of EX, but I was able to try a sample of EX-P+. Durability seemed really good and application was easier. I`m considering picking up a bottle once my #21 bottle runs out.

Some will argue EX and EX-P have a different look. I find it hard to see differences amongst the two, or any other sealants for that matter, so I`m going for durability and price. How your finish looks realies heavily on your prep; not your protection.

mburnickas: Yes VM has fillers as do most glazes.

racingbeat
06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
yes my bottle of Klasse SG has been sent to the institute of "learning how to make a product more user friendly and in a convenient a spray bottle before your competitors do" in Autopia, USA.

imported_Surfer
06-20-2006, 09:47 AM
I have EX-P and Natty`s Blue on my daily driver, holds up great. And combo looks awsome on white.

VroomVroom
06-20-2006, 10:21 AM
I`d definitely agree that EX and EX-P offer different results. EX is still one of my go-to products, particularly on colors without heavy pearl or metallic content. I prefer UPP over EX-P, but will use the latter in direct sunlight.

Durability is my only beef with both products, although I haven`t tried the more recent formulation of EX-P. That said, my Dad has a black car and I`ve recommended EX-P topped with Natty`s Blue. It gives him a reasonable amount of durability and very pleasing results. EX + NB has become my go-to on my black truck just for the wetness and reflective qualities.

imported_Chris223
06-20-2006, 10:49 AM
I just recently purchased a bottle of EX-P, I ordered it a week after getting a PC from Lowe`s and ordering the SFX Pad kit. Can`t wait to try it out. However I was surprised to find the EX-P to be a real synthetic liquid. I was exepecting it to be a normal liquid wax, relatively thick like a Gold Class liquid, etc... anyone here have any good tips for applying it to the pad and not wasting a lot?

imported_Picus
06-20-2006, 05:16 PM
I use them both and like them both a lot. EX looks great on black, EX-P looks great on light metallics. Both are so easy to use it`s not even funny, and can be used in full sun.

Scottwax
06-20-2006, 07:13 PM
I use them both and like them both a lot. EX looks great on black, EX-P looks great on light metallics. Both are so easy to use it`s not even funny, and can be used in full sun.

Same here. They really bail me out when there is no shade and it is near 100.

mblgjr
06-20-2006, 07:24 PM
I use EXP on metallics and white with great results. Makes white look really clean and crisp, while metallics pop (silver looks wet/glossy).

I don`t know if I have the revised stuff or not, mine is thin, creamy and white (EXP).

Durability is also pretty good. 3+ months on my DD that sits outside, still beads and looks great.

firegate
06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
I`ve taken to using EX-P quite often these days - it`s the only sealant I know of that retains its durability when used over RMG, plus its very convenient when you don`t have any shade.