PDA

View Full Version : How many layers of Aj trigger in a day?

roadmaster_Tx
06-19-2006, 11:20 PM
What is the most amount of Aj tigger layers you have applied in day?

I applied 6coats the other day just to see if it would do n e thing to the durability.

spotter
06-20-2006, 03:01 AM
Could you tell any difference in the way it looked? If not, it seems like durability would be optimized by just adding a new layer every 4-6 weeks.

imported_mburnickas
06-20-2006, 03:14 AM
What is the most amount of Aj tigger layers you have applied in day?

I applied 6coats the other day just to see if it would do n e thing to the durability.

I would say to make it look better go over it with Natty`s (for example) or his AG.

But talken from his email (on this forum)

"For all versions, the curing of the polymers begins immediately and is nearly complete within an hour. (Full curing of the final bit can take 24 hours). Curing is a chemical process and is really independent of application drying time (which is why the spray application works just as well as the traditional application).

Multiple coats of Jett can be applied in fairly rapid succession. Because all Jett formulas are water-based, without harsh solvents or cleansers, they do not remove earlier layers, even if those layers are not fully cured. If practical, we recommend a wait of a half hour between coats of Jett. If you top it with any other product (including Carnauba Jett), the A.Jett should be left to fully cure 24 hours for best results."

gmblack3
06-20-2006, 06:49 AM
If I can I like to give it 12 hours between coats. Nothing to back that up, just what I do.

Show us some pics of how it looks after 6 coats.

imported_mburnickas
06-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Here is one:

Has any one use there AJ Glos over AJT? Want to know if it is worth buying..

SpoiledMan
06-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Here is one:

Has any one use there AJ Glos over AJT? Want to know if it is worth buying..

Acrylic Glos is a very nice product. It`s friendly with everything that covers the various panels on my car that vary from nothing to Pink Wax. No streaks or smearing and a nice look. I`m glad I got two bottles.

imported_mburnickas
06-20-2006, 08:29 AM
does it add more gloss, depth etc? Or is "nuba" Glos better?

SpoiledMan
06-20-2006, 09:02 AM
It seems to add more gloss. I don`t know about the Carnauba Glos.

Wasatch
06-20-2006, 10:29 AM
AG is a very nice product, it leaves the paint glossy and slick.

roadmaster_Tx
06-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Could you tell any difference in the way it looked? If not, it seems like durability would be optimized by just adding a new layer every 4-6 weeks.

The car used to have zaino on it, and zaino lasted for approx 4months.(3 layers of z5) One thing i did notice was that the reflections werent as sharp as zaino but the paint did seem darker. Since earlier i was having problems with Aj trigger streaking I poured some of it into a bottle that sprays a fine mist and its been working great, it really goes on thin that way.

Ill definetly get some pics later on and post em.