PDA

View Full Version : Haze removal

joe buck bob
06-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I`m new to this site and am interested in knowing the best way remove haze from my vehicle. I`ve tried to remove it with a light compound and rags and it seems move it around but I cannot get it completely off. A buffer would help im sure but what product will break through it and pick it up? Also, if I am successful removing it, what product can I use to prevent it from reappearing?

BobD
06-19-2006, 01:14 PM
The problem is probbaly that the compound you are using is not breaking down all the way by hand. Try Four star Swilr Mark Remover, Poorboy`s Super Swirl Removers, or ClearKote Vanilla Moose.

-Lebowski-
06-19-2006, 01:16 PM
And post pics and details of the year make and model of the vehicle so that we can diagnose it better.

autoprincess
06-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Mequiar`s #82 with an orbital buffer with terry cloth bonnett.

jmsc
06-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Any medium to final polish will remove the haze...BUT...you will need a PC and a Yellow Cutting or White Polishing pad. Been there done that by hand with no luck. Some haze can be difficult like the one I had a few months ago with Collinite IW (applied the wax way to thick).

aaron33
06-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Also, the rags could be putting in new haze while the compound is removing the old ones!