PDA

View Full Version : Grout sponge for QEW????

DM101
06-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Can you use the now popular Grout Sponge (foam not real) for QEW your car??? I have always used MF towels.

racingbeat
06-19-2006, 12:55 PM
well if there`s little difference between QEW and No Rinse then absolutely. I used the Grout SPonges from Home Depot (6 pack for $3) and it worked well. Although the MF had more bite for sure.

I guess the grout sponge is less invasive but will require a little more elblow grease.

try the $20 pesticide sprayer, I use it with a small 1 quart bath room bucket. Solution in both

I doubt I`ll ever need my big buckets or a hose again.

DM101
06-19-2006, 01:20 PM
That is what I got the 6 pack.

racingbeat
06-19-2006, 01:32 PM
yeah those are good value. i only wash them a couple of times and then throw them out.

at $3 it makes sense.

Another I did using the rinseless wash was to soak the car in the No Rinse while I filed up the rinse bukcet, grabbed my bag of MF towels, grabbed my wheel face brush etc. The soaking loosened some bird bombs and the muck near the rocker panels and wheel wells.

EMazda3S
06-19-2006, 01:34 PM
I`ve used the group sponge with both Optimum No Rinse and QEW. No problems. It worked very well. For some reason, I still favor a cotton chenille pad because it just seems to glide over the paint a little better.

The grout sponge is deceiving. To look at it and feel it, you`d think; no way am I gonna put this on my paint but when you get it all wet, it seems just fine and works like a charm. For the cost of them, you can use several for the car and not feel guilty and they even stand up very well. The thing that freaked me out with the rinsless wash products and the grout sponge is how the sponge turned black. No problems, it rinses out very well and it cleans up easily with some mild soap and lots of rinsing.

I`m psyched to try it with Racingbeat`s sprayer technique. I think I will continue to use the cotton chenille on the upper portions of the car and the grout sponge on the lower panels.

I haven`t seen any marring from either of them yet.

SpoiledMan
06-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Am I going to be in the hall of fame for this?

tustah
06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I saw a lot of Meguiar`s Chenille Mitts at my local Big Lots and I was debating whether I should give it a try. Currently using Wal-Mart Eurow Sheepskin Mitts.

DM101
06-19-2006, 05:39 PM
What are you talking about. I know a few good doctors you can see.

Am I going to be in the hall of fame for this?

SpoiledMan
06-19-2006, 08:07 PM
No doctor needed. I`ve *been* using a grout sponge. I was going to start a post when I started but I figured you`d all think I was nuts.

RCBuddha
06-19-2006, 08:22 PM
No doctor needed. I`ve *been* using a grout sponge. I was going to start a post when I started but I figured you`d all think I was nuts.

If its any consolation chris, I always thought you were a little "nuts"... hee hee :chuckle: :nana: :D :p

scdfloordaycare
06-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Can anyone post an actual picture of the grout sponges from Home Depot. I went there recently and they didnt have boxes like people are posting. They just had one big bin of grout sponges individually packed in the tile aile. Each one was priced at $3.

imported_truzoom
06-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Oddly enough, I found the grout sponges in the paint aisle near the brushes and sponges for wall patterning.

EMazda3S
06-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Oddly enough, I found the grout sponges in the paint aisle near the brushes and sponges for wall patterning.

I can`t find them at my local Home Depot! My Lowes has them in the tile aisle. What a poet...

I wonder if all grout sponges are created equally?