PDA

View Full Version : OK pros, whats the real scoop on this product?

Mike-in-WV
06-19-2006, 03:45 AM
Here is another claiming to be the best on the market. In fact they claim that if it doesn`t perform the way they advertise they will repaint your car and use there product on it again.

If it`s that good then why don`t we all just use this stuff and every detailer in the land would be out of business. Just kidding guy`s! :bolt

This stuff is called "Toughguard" and for those who never heard of it here is a link to all the hype. Mike

http://www.toughguard.com/index.html

SVR
06-19-2006, 05:10 AM
So it`s an acrylic sealant, that`s fine, there are acrylics that are top notch

However any sealant claiming five years is kidding themselves.

12 to 16 months is here but not 60, not yet at least

imported_ajbarnes
06-19-2006, 05:27 AM
Anything claiming to protect one`s paint to where you will not have to wax or polish again or for long periods of time....I pass.

wannafbody
06-19-2006, 08:05 AM
same basic ingredients as Duragloss and many other good products

Mike-in-WV
06-19-2006, 09:05 AM
same basic ingredients as Duragloss and many other good products

That was my line of thinking also but I really can`t say for sure. There guarantee sounds good but I wonder what the cost of there product is compared to the $7.50 or so , I paid for Duragloss AW? Mike

Accumulator
06-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Note that it`s a pretty safe bet that nobody`s gonna go through all that would be required to actually make use of any guarantee. LOTS of products are "guaranteed" ;)

And as I read it they`ll "repair" the area and reapply their product. I doubt that "repair" would end up being "repaint". And I assume their fine print will say that it has to be "refreshed" or something ever so often to keep the guarantee valid; i.e., it has to be reapplied every so often.