PDA

View Full Version : SwirlBuster Delivers!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

cdodkin
06-18-2006, 12:36 PM
David, you da man! :bow

2 weeks ago I used the new Swirlbuster pad with SFX2 on my black 996 - I was impressed.

It took out about 80% of the swirls - left a nice smooth base for my NXT wax.

Today I took the new SwirlBuster polish with the pad, and tackled the hood again, before the sun broke through the June gloom.

This stuff works for ages before buffing out!

Maybe twice as long as the SFX2? A long time anyway!

Worked it nice and slowly into the hood, in sections - used too much to start with, learned that lesson quickly, you don`t need much in the grooves on the pad.

Using 5.5. on the PC is hard on your hands and wrists, lot`s of vibration, especially as you apply some pressure to work the polish - and this polish takes it`s time (Did I mention that already! :chuckle: )

More than SFX2, the new polish leaves a slight residue which needs removing with a MF cloth - easy enough.

Also some slight white dusting, which I mopped up with a MF tack cloth (using Speed Detailer)

Then on with the NXT wax - used the Sonus blue pad to apply a thing layer - again, you don`t need much.

Let it sheen, then buffed off using the MF bonnet over an orange pad.

MF bonnet never reallly took the final sheen off, so I finished by hand with a new MF cloth - some wax spotting that required more elbow grease on the cloth!

Not sure why that would be??

Result - FANTASTIC! :2thumbs:

Nice deep black as before, but when the sun broke through late morning, I did a quick visual check.

Roof of car, yet to be SwirlBusted - some swirls

Hood, newly SwirlBusted - almost flawless! :spot

I really had to look hard to see any marks - it the best this paint has looked since I bought the car.

We`ll see how the finish lasts through washes - but so far it delivers.

Now I have to wait for the sun to dissapear so I can do the rest of the car!!!!!

Great job David - looks like a winning product.

Chris.

awahl63
06-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Sounds exciting

Pats300zx
06-18-2006, 01:21 PM
I got great results with the Swirlbuster polish and pad on my F150 this weekend. I will be posting pics and a full write up soon. I did also experience some mild dusting. Its possible I was using too much product.

tanha
06-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Post pics!

cdodkin
06-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Here you go!

http://www.d30-images.com/911/swirlbuster-1.jpg

http://www.d30-images.com/911/swirlbuster-2.jpg

Chris.

imported_hadboosttroy
06-18-2006, 02:39 PM
dang, i need to order some of that :) looks amazing

tanha
06-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I agree, looks great!

Djmigs
06-18-2006, 03:59 PM
looks awesome Chris...

do you have a before pic with the swirls on the hood...

also thanx for the review on this.....

how do you compare this to your other polish....

please report back to us after a few washes.....

did you apply multiple application....i hear the more the deeper the gloss....

justin30513
06-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Who needs a B4 pic.......damnnnnn!

Nice. Wonder if its the pad or the polish. Or could it really be both.

I`d love to see the answers to the above post.

3Dog
06-18-2006, 04:41 PM
How did you get it so fast??? I placed my order the day they started shipping it....still havent receiced it yet!

Pats300zx
06-18-2006, 04:47 PM
How did you get it so fast??? I placed my order the day they started shipping it....still havent receiced it yet!

I got mine in about 4 days. I ordered it the day it was released and selected Priority Mail.

Djmigs
06-18-2006, 04:47 PM

the benefits of living close, so close we can cross the street to pick it up :grinno: ...ok just kidding...but he in socal thats why....

Pats300zx
06-18-2006, 04:54 PM
the benefits of living close, so close we can cross the street to pick it up :grinno: ...ok just kidding...but he in socal thats why....

Ya but I`m on the East Coast...Coast to Coast 4 days from the day of placing my order is pretty good in my book.

cdodkin
06-18-2006, 04:55 PM
So I just confirmed that it really does improve the swirls on the car....

Parked in my garage, under fluro lights.

Now before, even when the car looked glossy outside, under fluro lights you could always see the micro scratches :nono

Looking at it now - it looks smooth and glossy under trhe fluros :goodjob

I can see a couple of minor scratches that I need to work on, but that`s one or two vs the hundreds from before.

I did a single application of the polish, using the same SwirlBuster pad that I`d used with the Sonus SFX2 polish. So it`s definitely the polish + pad that gets the really good results.

No doubt a second application will only improve things. :drool:

It`s provided a better visual result that SXF2 - and I thought that was good.

I have pictures of the roof of the car, which has been polished with SFX2 but not Swirlbuster polish - I`ll post shortly.

As to how I got mine so fast - I live near San Diego, home of Autopia, so I usually get my delivery next day :bigups

Chris.

cdodkin
06-18-2006, 05:52 PM
So for comparison, here`s a shot of the roof - it had been polished with SFX2 two weeks ago, but not yet with SwirlBuster polish.

http://www.d30-images.com/911/swirls.jpg

You can clearly see remaining swirls and micro scratches - much better than before the SXF2, but some still visible never the less.

Chris.