PDA

View Full Version : FK1 stuck in the outgoing tide now?

Pages : [1] 2 3

a.k.a. Patrick
06-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Ive noticed in recent weeks, the tide has changed regarding FK1. FK1 is :tumblewee outgoing, and the Duragloss :secret tide is now coming in. I find it very amusing how the tides change here.

Others refer to it as "flavor of the month".......

Anyone else see this happen? What was it before FK?

imported_Gears
06-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I`ve noticed it. I`ve also noticed that some things seem to go out of favor then come back.

The similarities between this and "Bob is the oil guy" site are hard not to notice. Its the same thing over there. Valvoline is good-- Valvolines is bad..You have the Synthetic oil guys = sealant guys. Dino oil guys= wax guys. Zaino = Amsol.

I could go on and on but you get the idea.

Now Prime is kicking Klasse butt. How long will it be before the twins are on top again?

imported_GregCavi
06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Im glad I found fk1 becuase I love the stuff. But yes I agree with flavor of the month. It comes and goes.

Greg

Spilchy
06-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Like my signature? I`ve kept it for a few weeks so far, confident that it`ll be the "flavor!"

To be honest, just because you have heard a few vocal people out of, say, the hundreds that have tried #425 that don`t like it, mean that the tide has changed. Personally, I still love and use it on every detail. I won`t be without it. I have yet to experience any of the negative issues that come up in the threads. GregCavi (post above me) bought 5 gallons! Way to go!

I`ve been using Duragloss AW for almost 3 months and have to say it is my favorite spray product (and I own, use and like WAUD, Mothers FX, OCW, Nano and DP Booster). I finish up a wash or detail with a spray wax product and this has replaced them. It is the one product that I can say actually gets better with age. Nothing has made paint look wet, like dipped in salad oil-like wetness. The fact that it is in a spray and offers protection and is easy as breathing to use, made for every surface, makes it all the more enjoyable. I consider it a real find for me as someone who LOVES spray products.

I think what may attract folks to the products is the fact that it is a "new" label that is spoken about here. You really never heard about FK and Duragloss, then people begin to use it, speak highly of the results, show some ACCURATE pictures and peoples` interests begin to get the better of them.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. As a collection of die hard car care enthusiats, part of the fun is to try new things, be your own judge and just have fun with it all. Hey, you don`t like it? Trade it! Sell it or relegate to the box with the stuff you give family, friends, neighbors or use to do your engine with!

I would say some previous bandwagon products have been OCW (Is this a flavor? Are folks still big on it becuase it isn`t talked about as much?) Also, what about the Werkstatt line? Remember NXT?! Holy Moly, you would think the wheel was reinvented!! But, #21 seems to be real quiet on the board. Don`t forget Collinite IW too, another LONG time favorite of mine.

What I find amusing (or less snobbish) interesting, is how does a product line become a bandwagon or flavor? Why not Four Star? Why not Wolfgang? Why not Prima? Why some and not others?

SpoiledMan
06-18-2006, 10:50 AM
I still use and enjoy the 425 that I bought. No matter what, you`d be hard pressed to get me to move from my favorite polishes so I felt no need to try those. I have added Jeff`s and like all of his products that I`ve tried.

Accumulator
06-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah, this stuff does seem to go in cycles. The FK 425 *is* however, one of the few newly-hyped products I`ve been really impressed with. But then it`s also one of the few newly-hyped products I`ve even tried; most of the stuff I`m using is the same old stuff I`ve used for years..not broken, no need to fix.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Holy Moly, you would think the wheel was reinvented!! Seth, thats what Im talking about. You dont really here a lot about some of the old time manufacturers like Simoniz, or TW, like the boutique products. BTW, Simoniz (I just noticed in todays Kragen add), has introduced a new "self drying auto wash". As well as a "Liquid Polish Power Spray", is that a QD or protectant? Who wants to be a guinea pig?

you`d be hard pressed to get me to move from my favorite polishes so I felt no need to try those.

stuff I`ve used for years..not broken, no need to fix.

:bow

By all means, Im not against trying something new, but I hate hearing "Its like nothing ever seen before"......

imported_Picus
06-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Ya, I haven`t bought anything "new" in a long time. I tried the FK1 sample pack and enjoyed Pink Wax and 425. I like 425 more for it`s ability to help keep dust down than the look it gives. Pink Wax is just a decent inexpensive wax. I haven`t really jumped on the Werkstatt or Duragloss wagon yet; I don`t know, between FMJ/HGAS and Zaino/Z8 I just don`t really feel the need to. I totally agree with SpoiledMan on the polishes - you`ll pry the Menzerna line from my cold dead hands! :)

SpoiledMan
06-18-2006, 12:16 PM
I don`t know, between FMJ/HGAS and Zaino/Z8 I just don`t really feel the need to. I totally agree with SpoiledMan on the polishes - you`ll pry the Menzerna line from my cold dead hands! :)

I`m really liking the Jeff`s(not to start any buying influence here;)). The Acrylic Glos in particular. No tendency to streak like HGAS.

Oh yeah. My wife has instructions to put it all in the box with me and make sure it`s locked while I go in the ground. :grinno:

imported_Picus
06-18-2006, 12:26 PM
When do you notice HGAS streaking? I`ve had very good luck w/it in that regard. The only time it got streaky on me was once on a hot hood. Just wondering. I`ve been thinking about trying some Jeffs stuff, but I have *a lot* of HGAS so...well, I`m trying to be good! :)

Setec Astronomy
06-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah. My wife has instructions to put it all in the box with me and make sure it`s locked while I go in the ground. :grinno:

So none of us can get a hold of it? :nixweiss

SpoiledMan
06-18-2006, 12:34 PM
When do you notice HGAS streaking? I`ve had very good luck w/it in that regard. The only time it got streaky on me was once on a hot hood. Just wondering. I`ve been thinking about trying some Jeffs stuff, but I have *a lot* of HGAS so...well, I`m trying to be good! :)

For *me* it didn`t play well with anything other than FMJ. Too specific for me.

Mike, she wouldn`t know where to find you guys. Should I put it in a living trust? :cooleek:

a.k.a. Patrick
06-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Chris, your going to need something larger then a Pine box my friend............

SpoiledMan
06-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Sad but true!

imported_Picus
06-18-2006, 12:57 PM
For *me* it didn`t play well with anything other than FMJ. Too specific for me.

Mike, she wouldn`t know where to find you guys. Should I put it in a living trust? :cooleek:

Haha, imagine the lawyer reading that living trust. "1 bottle of Menzerna Power Gloss to "Excel Detail"?"

Weird about HGAS, I`ve used it over Zaino, EX-P, SG, Wolfgang DGS without any problems. Looks really nice over Zaino. It was a tad wonky over EX w/carnauba. But ya, if Acrylic Glos is similar and easier to use I might have to pick some up when I run out of HGAS!