PDA

View Full Version : swirls have you discouraged?

wannafbody
06-18-2006, 10:09 AM
don`t feel bad. In fact feel really good about your detailing. Even the worst beginners take heart. I was watching a local car show on tv and they showed the rarest Shelby AC Cobra in existance. It was 1 of 2, 427 twin supercharged 800+ hp Cobras. This one was originally owned by Carol Shelby. The other was built for Bill Cosby and then later sold and wrecked. This car looks as if it was never detailed. In fact the paint was so swirled it looked as if it was washed with a brillo pad. This car is easily a 6 figure car-and easily the worst autopia member car`s paint looks better than this. :grinno:

Saleenman607
06-19-2006, 03:13 PM
The caveat in this response is that these types of cars ie. true Cobras,certain Ferrari`s, Buggatis, etc......are more prized for thier provenance rather than thier looks, both exterior and interior! I have a buisness in Monterey, CA. VERY near the auctions and regularly see million dollar cars that look horrible, but command a serious price due to winning an important race or having a celebrity owner. Drives me CRAZZZY !!!!!!! :rolleyes: