PDA

View Full Version : Oxo Good Grips Small Car Wash Brush

Setec Astronomy
06-18-2006, 09:29 AM
PREFACE: I bought my example of this brush at a local outlet mall at a significantly reduced price (in a kitchen ware store), I`m not sure if that has anything to do with my results.

This brush seemed soft and along the lines of the Meg`s body brushes, so I used it to wash my beater with that Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss wash from Big Lots (thanks, Spilchy!) and my foam gun. The result was very fine scratches all over. I guess this brush wasn`t as soft as it seemed.

Spilchy
06-18-2006, 09:35 AM
You`re welcome! I use the soap in my foam gun.

Yeah, I`m not a fan of synthetic bristles touching the car no matter how soft. Also, over time, the feathered ends tend to stiffen unlike naturals boar`s hair.

But, if you read, it is recommended mainly for cleaning the grills, bumpers and lower rocker panels. I use it for wheels and glass too. I like it for these applications, not paint.

Setec Astronomy
06-18-2006, 09:37 AM
It says "soft, feathered bristles safe for clear coat finishes"! Of course...there was a reason I tried it on my beater...

Spilchy
06-18-2006, 09:49 AM
I hear ya. I was basing my post on the descriptions of all the online retailers who sell the product. After seeing each description, you would know not to use it on paint, despite what the packaging said.

I cut and pasted a few examples:

- The Good Grips Small Wash Brush is ideal for cleaning the grills, bumpers and lower body panels of cars and SUV’s.

- Durable for cleaning grills, bumpers and lower body panel

- I use this brush on the lower body panels of my cars to remove heavy soil

- This is the brush we recommend to clean grills, bumpers and lower body panels of cars and trucks.

- The Good Grip Feather-Tip Wash Brush is ideal for cleaning grills, bumpers and lower body panels of cars and SUVs.

From DavidB`s Autopia How to Detail Guide

Bulla2000
01-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Is this the OXO Feather Tip Wash Brush or sth. different? I´d like to buy that brush for cleaning the lowest panels und the engine, tires and so on. I dont want to buy more than one. Is it a very good brush (safe for scratches) or are there betters (Meguiars?)?

n2_space
02-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Pics of the one you got? I have an oxo small body brush I got from Detailers Paradise, and it hasn`t marred my finish at all... I only use it in the tight spots the brush can get to that my sheepskin can`t, but the surrounding areas are mar free :nixweiss