PDA

View Full Version : Help me gain some business!!!!

Campese
06-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Alright, just a quick poll (I hope I did this right) before I get my cards made up. I`m a part timer/weekend warrior with a refferal only business. I just want something besides the novel fold out I have to give to new possible customers. I am getting a business card made, and need your opinion on my "call to action." Which one would you choose to put under my business name? Thanks

1- 8 hours of attention your vehicle will never forget

2- Because vehicles need love too

3- Your vehicle was expensive, let me keep it feeling worth it

4- Your vehicle was expensive, let me keep it looking and feeling that way

tanha
06-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Personally, I think none of those slogans are fantastic, but if I had to rate them from best to worse, I`d say 2, 1, 3, 4. I`d say the shorter the phrase, the better, and I`d stay away from the comment about "your vehicle was expensive", because that`s all relative. Also, you might want to try something that rhymes, or rolls off the tounge easy - the easier it is to say, the easier it will be to remember.

However, I don`t work in marketing, so my advice might be junk - just my $0.02. :)

GearHead_1
06-18-2006, 03:25 PM
#3 makes no sense what so ever. Several of these personify the vehicle. Is that what you want to do?

Protect your vehicle investment. Let me keep it looking like new!

imported_steveo3002
06-18-2006, 03:37 PM
3 and 4 are really bad imho

maybe someone can think of some better suggestions

Glowin97x
06-18-2006, 03:47 PM
i think "protect your investment" works well

06Accordx2
06-18-2006, 04:24 PM
My Dad was in advertizing. He always said that the best ads are the ones that you remember. Some ads are so stupid that people always mention them. Guess what...they`re working! Not saying that you should intentionally sound stupid, but spend some time looking for something different than everyone else. None of your four choices thrill me, sorry.

How about "For a Mobile Massage, call me." :woohoo:

Ed Fisher
06-18-2006, 11:46 PM
How about something that will summon to the senses of gratitude towards the vehicle ?

Like "Reward your drive with a treat. Call me/us to make her feel better"

Campese
06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually had one from a friend " It`s how you would treat your vehicle, if you had the time" which I may change a little. I think this will be harder decision than I thought. Thanks again for the input.

AutoCadillac
06-19-2006, 02:56 PM
My opinion is that most people that don`t detail their own cars probably don`t have the affection for their cars that is expressed in your suggested slogans. There are probably some that would like to but due to time constraints, have to have someone else do it for them.

This sounds like part-time work for you. A little moonlighting to enjoy your passion and to make a few extra bucks. You are going after the person that wants their daily driver spruced up and made to look close to new again.

I suggest something like:

Detailing - the cure for new paint fever.

or

Make your car look as good as it runs.