PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Products on my CTS.

mgm2003
03-15-2005, 08:18 AM
I recently ordered the March Factory Special from Optimum. You get a gallon each of: Car Wash, Sunx(OCW), Protectant Plus, and Tire Get + 32oz bottle of their new polish. All of this for $89.00. I`ve already tried the car wash and OCW, so I said what the heck and gave it a try on my 2003 CTS.

Steps:

Optimum car wash. I tend to use more than the label recommends for extra suds. I also prefer to use optimum car wash & water (1 / 15 mix) for a clay lube. IMO Poorboys SS&S and Optimum are both top notch car washes. SS&S has the edge if you like more bubbling action in your wash. Both are very slick and don`t leave behind much/any residue after your rinse step.

Optimum clay: Nice poly-clay bar, reminds me of the yellow PB`s bar. I think the packaging set`s it apart from the others. It comes in a nice re-sealable plastic dish, and the clay performs well.

Optimum Polish - Cyclo with a green light cut pad x 1, finish pad x 1 (x2 in a few spots). This is a very versatile polish. It works like SSR2.5 or IP with a cutting pad, and finishes up nice like SSR1 or FPII with a polishing pad. If you don`t like hauling around several polishes, this might be a good alternative. 32oz for $15.99 makes it a VERY good value IMO.

Optimum Sunx (new name for Optimum Car Wax?). I used this to seal the car. Per the polish directions, you mist the panel with Sunx after your polishing step to remove the polish residue and add polymer protection at the same time. It leaves behind a slick, streak free finish. Using OCW to remove the polish, and add protection at the same time is a real time saver.

Optimum Protectant Plus was applied to the interior vinyl, plastic, and leather surfaces. If you like a clean low sheen look, you`ll like this product. It claims to repel dust, which I`ll monitor over the next week or so.

Optimum Tire Gel was applied to each tire. I applied it by misting the tires, then wiping them down as well as with an Eagle One applicator. It`s a bit thick for my taste. I`m going to experiment with it by cutting it with water. If your a fan of tire gel`s you`ll probably like it. I`m used to using products like TOL`s Grape Tire Dressing, and BnB, which are easier to apply IMO.

Here are a few after shots.

mgm2003
03-17-2005, 07:17 AM
A few more shots of the CTS after a quick wash last night.

Wash = Optimum Car Wash
Dry Method = Blower, mist with OCW and wipe down.
Optimum Tire dressing applied
Wells were done with TOL rubber dressing.

The wheels (pb`s wheel sealer) are still holding up well after several weeks of winter abuse.

Ben Kenobi
03-18-2005, 01:13 AM
MGM, great looking job on your CTS! The Optimum products look like excellent products and something I`ll be trying. Looking forward to seeing your work again!

Paul

Hawaiianelement
03-18-2005, 01:42 AM
I love the car ..Thanks for the review. Well done..

mgm2003
03-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. IMO Optimum products work very well, and are worth trying. Polish, mist on OCW and wipe off = Time Saver, without sacrificing quality results.