PDA

View Full Version : Noob question: how long to leave NXT wax on before wiping/buffing off?

DaveInLA
06-18-2006, 02:42 AM
This is on a white 2002 Nissan, in the shade during a warm/hot SoCal day (temp around 80 where car is).

My original thought was to leave it on for a couple of hours, but then the wax becomes really dried and crusty. I`m left wondering if it just breaks off the car when I wipe it, not leaving any wax on the paint. If I wipe it off immediately OTOH, it might leave a layer of wax over the car`s surface. Is this way of thinking faulty? thanks.

imported_steveo3002
06-18-2006, 03:40 AM
usualy 20 mins or so should do....megs suggest you use the swipe test , take your clean finger and swipe accross the wax, if it leaves a perfectly clean mark then your good to go...if its smeary or streaky wait longer

use the thinnest of layers possible..anything is else is waste

JasonD
06-18-2006, 07:21 AM
The longer the better most sealants, including this one.

Ben Kenobi
06-18-2006, 08:38 AM
usualy 20 mins or so should do....megs suggest you use the swipe test , take your clean finger and swipe accross the wax, if it leaves a perfectly clean mark then your good to go...if its smeary or streaky wait longer

use the thinnest of layers possible..anything is else is waste

I`ve read the same thing and it has worked for me. You don`t need a lot on the paint when you apply it.