PDA

View Full Version : Finished my second detail

jayincali
03-15-2005, 04:14 AM
My brother just bought a new truck last weekend. The paint was rough, although it had some shine, it didn`t have any depth. I love to see a mirror finish on a vehicle, so I was eager to help him out.

I first started with Zaino car wash, followed by a good clay barring, then a second Zaino wash. I then laid down one coat of Zaino Z2 pro and finished with Z6 QD. I didn`t have enough time to apply multiple coats of polish, so I`ll finish that this week.

I used a MF WW towel I purchased form Winners Circle to dry, which was the first time I had ever used one. I used to use the Absorber before the WW. This towel was awesome, and seems like it holds more water than the Absorber. It was easy to handle and a perfect size for drying. I dried the entire truck, wrung the towel once, then wiped any damp areas and that was it. I will continue to use this towel from now on. The way it looks and feels, I didn`t think it would work as well as it did. I also used another MF WW towel to buff off the polish.

I then applied Poor Boys Wheel Sealant to the polished aluminum wheels. This went on easy with a foam applicator, dried to a haze, then buffed off with a MF. The wheel feels very slick with a great shine. First time I ever used this product as well. Time will tell how good it works now. Any way here are some pics of the finished product

cwcad
03-15-2005, 07:32 AM
By George, i think he`s got it! i think he`s got it!!

i understand how you could run out of time. apparently you get along with your brother. lot of work to get it to look like that.

keep up the good work!

Envoy Fan
03-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Great job! :bigups

jayincali
03-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah brother get along pretty god most of the time. I also enjoy doing full details, I love the outcome. I need to start charging for this stuff.

Nice-N-Clean
03-15-2005, 07:03 PM
That looks great!

kaos
03-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Glad to see another Dodge in the family!

Not that I`m prejudiced or anything... *snicker*

Oughta really look good when you can get a coat of wax on it!

:dj

jayincali
03-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks Kaos, that make 4 Dodge Rams in the family. bros 05, my 04, Dads 02, Uncles 01. The glos on that sucker is just awesome. Still looks today, just dusted it and looks like it was just waxed again.

05SilverTRD
03-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Great Job.