PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Use To Clean Glass?

Pages : [1] 2 3

B.T.
06-16-2006, 06:20 PM
I tried a terry towel and it left some lint. I tried a shop towel and it also left lint. So give me some advice. Here are some products I`ve seen at the stores:

1. Kitchen Glass Towels

2. Terry Dish Towels

3. Microfiber Dish Towels

4. Microfiber Glass/window Towel

5. Zwipes Glass/Windshield Towels

Suggestions?

5spdfrk
06-16-2006, 06:35 PM
What I like to use is Stoners with newspaper. There may be something better, but I have found this to work very well and quick.

tustah
06-16-2006, 06:46 PM
I use MF glass towels from walmart kitchen section and it works fine for me. I use it with Meguiar`s NXT Glass Cleaner.

Sherman8r44
06-16-2006, 06:47 PM
The Zwipes towels are horrble..definitely cross them off the list. I just use any two low-nap microfiber towels...one to spread around the wheel cleaner and soak up most of it, the other to finish off streak-free.

imported_truzoom
06-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Meguiar`s NXT Glass Cleaner and a thin nap`d MF towel.

VelvetRose
06-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Meguiar`s NXT Glass Cleaner and a thin nap`d MF towel.

Yep. Me too!

buzzb
06-16-2006, 07:17 PM
I`ve had excellent results with Excel`s Aquaclear Optical towels on glass. No streaks and absolutely lint free (which I didn`t find with some other MF`s when the sun hit the windshield). I tried surgical huck towels also and although they were lint free, they were rough feeling and didn`t work that well with glass cleaner. They seemed to just push the glass cleaner around rather then actually clean with it. Hope this helps!

RX8_MD
06-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Newspaper and good ol` H2O...

autobahn
06-16-2006, 09:02 PM
I use armor-all glass cleaner because I have a full bottle at the moment.

There are a ton of OTC auto glass cleaners that work just fine.

BoxsterCharlie
06-16-2006, 10:44 PM
I use a combination of chemicals until all the streaks are gone. Everything from denatured alcohol to warm water with a microfiber. I don`t believe there is a single solution for all types of streaking. Kind of like shampoo...it works better when you keep changing your products.

JohnZ3MC
06-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Stoner`s Invisible Glass in the aerosol can plus a microfiber glass towel/cloth.

This combo works very well, both inside and outside the glass.

-John C.

Pennypacker
06-16-2006, 11:03 PM
I like the Griot`s mf window cleaning towels.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11096

dawoodster
06-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Sprayway glass cleaner is top of my list, I got some from Autogeek in the past and just yesterday from the local Sam`s Club. Stoner`s is good, too, which was also at Sam`s. Only negative is they come in metal cans, need to be careful. Medium quality MF works great for me, I`ve used newspaper for years, but I prefer the feel of the MF.

ABS
06-17-2006, 02:46 AM
I use QD make from Opt No Rinse Wash & Shine and MF Towel to clean. Then use waffle weave glass towel to dry out the water streak. works great for me! :bigups

the same QD and Newspaper works great too! :xyxthumbs

SVR
06-17-2006, 04:36 AM
My preference is Prima slick on customers int & ext glass (including tinted) and a` pakshak green standard MF and then monster fluffy or pakshak waffle weave mini dryer

My car - acrylic jett on glass so a mix of AJ and prima slick

Ordinary glass cleaner is now obsolete and not needed, as are wiper blades