PDA

View Full Version : FK1 possible switch over

justin30513
06-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I`m currently a huge Meg`s fan. I`ve been reading alot about FK1`s products. As a mobile detailer, is this product line effiecient/cost-preductive? I`m really interested in the contamination remolval products since there is alot of sap and hard water where I reside. Can it really replace clay-barring?

Guys, give me some help here. Maybe a list of what you would buy now if you were buying.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

gbackus
06-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Contrary to popular opinion, I think the polishes suck. Everything else is topnotch.

justin30513
06-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Contrary to popular opinion, I think the polishes suck. Everything else is topnotch.

OK.

So which FK1 products do you use?

ZaneO
06-15-2006, 03:47 PM
If you`re looking for cost-effective, quality products, you might check out Chemical Guys.

dogma
06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
I agree, I do not care for their polishes. Their best product is 425 QD. I personally do not think FK1 is an upgrade from Meguiars. They are equal. I really don`t use wax anymore because I prefer sealants, their 2180 was nothing special and their pink wax wasn`t too bad though in my limited use.

Sherman8r44
06-15-2006, 03:52 PM
If you`re looking for cost-effective, quality products, you might check out Chemical Guys.

Agreed, if you`re detailing for $$ then Chemical Guys is the way to go for value and quality.

racingbeat
06-15-2006, 03:55 PM
funny one big reason I like FK is because of the price and low shipping costs. If I decide to start doing friends cars for quick cash I will definitely use FK. They know my car to always be shiny and clean and have made recent comments on how it looks better. I think it has allot to do with how well all of the FK sprays and waxes meld together. Even if you have to wait a day for the results to kick in.

I use the Pink Wax (HUGE CONTAINER) its like a pound or something.

I have one gallon each of 425 quick detailer Super Slick (but apparently not the slickest) I use this for repelling dust from waxes and over basically everything else. Top nothc on windows.

and one gallon of 146 quick detailer (more of a prewax cleaner)

I`ve ordered several bottles of FX 100 which is a spray gloss/sealant which I use on my wheels with each wash and in between layering waxes. Its unique I think because I don`t know of many other sealants that work over acrylics and carnaubas equally well.

For my seaosnal polish and seal I`m sticking with Klasse All in One and Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger and or Poorboys EXP. Much easier to use than the Klasse Sealant.

For tires the Michelin Tire Dressing is cheap and gives the same look as my more expensive 1Z vinyle and rubber dressing.

justin30513
06-15-2006, 04:01 PM
I`m used to waiting a day for the depth to kick in.......I use NXT Tech Wax as my main LSP now. Just checked out Chemical Guys. Very nice also. Mainly interested in FK1`s decomtamination products.

Anyone used these? Says it can replace clay barring.

chml17l
06-15-2006, 04:07 PM
I`m used to waiting a day for the depth to kick in.......I use NXT Tech Wax as my main LSP now. Just checked out Chemical Guys. Very nice also. Mainly interested in FK1`s decomtamination products.

No decon kit (FK or Auto Int) will replace clay barring on neglected vehicles, but they will make them "easier" to clay. The FK decon kit is definitely a nice prep to strip anything else that may be on the vehicle.

racingbeat
06-15-2006, 04:10 PM

Yes I don`t know if its allot of Marketing bullsh1t but it seems intrguing.

They seem very SCIENTIFIC about decontamination. Makes feel like I`m dumb

not to know any of that stuff.

but replacing Clay Barr? thats definitely bullsh1t.

justin30513
06-15-2006, 04:21 PM
but replacing Clay Barr? thats definitely bullsh1t.

I`m a-feeling the same way my brotha.

Neat process though for removing all contaimenants. Now is someone has just done it.

Sherman8r44
06-15-2006, 04:59 PM
I know there have been a few people who have used the Finish Kare De-Contamination and Valugard ABC systems in the past...maybe a search will bring them up.

Wasatch
06-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Definitely switch over. Some of the products I have are 108, 118, 425, Pink Wax, 1000P, 216, 303, and 300.

SilverLexus
06-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Another decent pro line with cheaper prices is the Auto Magic line.

You could also buy Poorboys in bulk...