PDA

View Full Version : So i ordered my goods..

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Grouse
06-15-2006, 12:57 PM
what do you all think.

Autogeek Quart Foamaster AG-75Q

Foam Gun

The Edge 2000 Porter E-PCKIT

Cable Complete Kit with

FREE BONUS

Kit contains:

Porter Cable 7424 dual action polisher

6 inch Yellow Cutting Pad

6 inch Green Medium Cutting Pad

6 inch Orange Light Cutting Pad

6 inch Blue Finishing Pad

6 inch White Ultra-fine Polishing Pad

2 Cobra Microfiber Detailing Towels

The Edge 2000 Quick Connect Dual Action Adapter

12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner

12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Conditioner

2 Cobra 70/30 Microfiber Bonnets

3M Plastic Cleaner & 3M-39011

Polish Combo

Pinnacle Poly Clay Bundle

>Item Name: Poorboy`s World Wash Bucket Kit w/Dolly

>Quantity: 1

* 1 Five Gallon Blue Bucket w/Handle

* 1 Grit Guard

* 1 Dolly

* 1 Seat Cushion

* 1 Quart Super Slick & Suds... car shampoo

* 1 Quart Spray & Rinse... wheel cleaner

* 1 Quart Bio-Degradable All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate(APC)

* 1 Pint Spray and Wipe... Waterless wash and Quick Detailer w/ sprayer

* 1 Pint Spray & Gloss... Gloss Enhancer and Quick Detailer w/ sprayer

* 1 Pint QW+ Quick Wax Plus ...quick wax and booster w/ sprayer

* 1 Pint Trim Restorer ...Trim Cleaner and Protectant

* 1 Pint Natural Look... Interior Dressing, cleaner & protectant w/sprayer

* 1 Pint Bold N Bright... Tire Dressing w/ sprayer

* 1 Pint Leather Stuff... Leather cleaner, conditioner, & protectant

* 1 Pint Bug Squash... Bug, Tar and Sap remover

* 1 24" x 36" Poorboy`s Wolrd Waffle Weave Drying Towel

* 1 Poorboy`s World Mega-Mitt ...plush interior detailing mitt w/ thumb & cuff

>Item Name: Deluxe Microfiber Kit -

For the frequent detailer who loves a good deal and only the best products. Includes 3 (THREE) each of:

16" Velvet Smooth Glass Towel

16" Work Towel

16" Super Thick and Plush

16" Mega-Plush

21 x 36 Velvet Smooth

24 x 36 Waffle weave

Mega-Mitt

>

>Item Name: SSR2.5 - 16oz

>

>Item Name: SSR1- 16oz

>

>Item Name: Poorboys Professional Polish - 32oz

>

>Item Name: Natty`s Paste Wax - 8oz

>

>Item Name: Natty`s Paste Wax (BLUE) - 8oz

>

autobahn
06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Sounds good to me! The foamgun is the best thing, ever.

imported_Grouse
06-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Sounds good to me! The foamgun is the best thing, ever.

Liar, the b7 rs4 is.

autoprincess
06-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Looks like you are missing carnuba paste wax, tire shine applicator, buffing spurs, latex gloves, and a buffing apron.

Do you have a good chamois.

Everything else seems to be in check. Good job.

imported_Grouse
06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
I have p21s wax, dozens of sponges for the tireshine, buffing spurs? (the wife wears the spurs here) and many latex gloves (not the fakes), no chamois anymore. Buffing apron... I had not thought about that.... I`ll give it some thought. I think my wife could make one, I`ll have to find a suitable fabric. It`ll keep her off my back for a while... those freaken spurs hurt.

wait.

Isn`t natt`s paste wax a carnauba?

autoprincess
06-15-2006, 01:24 PM
:chuckle:

You can use a flat head screw driver in place of buffing spurs. You want to cut the wool pad before you use it, unless you want flying cotton candy like strings all over the place while you are buffing.

Ask her to make some cookies for a job well done.

As far as nat`s, not sure, there are thousands of products out there don`t know them all or care to for that matter. Just want to make sure it says carnuba paste wax somewhere on it. Carnuba will help you in many different areas, it`s a great universal wax. Some think it`s old fashioned, but I have been real successful with it. Plus save a lot of money with not having to buy a bunch of other stuff.

Still get a good chamois water-sprite is pretty good and cheap.

scooterguitar
06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Looks like a great order! I just ordered the same PC combo two days ago myself, maybe we can learn togetehr!

imported_Grouse
06-15-2006, 01:36 PM
:chuckle:

You can use a flat head screw driver in place of buffing spurs. You want to cut the wool pad before you use it, unless you want flying cotton candy like strings all over the place while you are buffing.

Ask her to make some cookies for a job well done.

As far as nat`s, not sure, there are thousands of products out there don`t know them all or care to for that matter. Just want to make sure it says carnuba paste wax somewhere on it. Carnuba will help you in many different areas, it`s a great universal wax. Some think it`s old fashioned, but I have been real successful with it. Plus save a lot of money with not having to buy a bunch of other stuff.

Still get a good chamois water-sprite is pretty good and cheap.

My general thought process is to learn a good carnuba line or mixed line, then learn a sealant, then a 2nd` carnuba line, then a secons sealant line.

I think a lot of people hunt for the mirical product, when really it comes down to know when, what, how to use what you have to it`s fullest extent.

I`ve been very happy with my MF so far. I grew up using chamois, and have slowly moved away from them... The neighborhood gets testy when i slaughter the sheep in the front yard. :bigups

autoprincess
06-15-2006, 01:44 PM
You can still use the MF but when you chamois the vehicle use the MF behind it and it will remove any chamois streaks there are. Plus you can use it to wipe down the interior. Unless you like doing laundry don`t bother with a chamois.

Notice you are missing some areosal shampoo and a carpet shampoo brush. You can more than likely find the shampoo at your local dollar store. As far as good carnuba line Mother`s and Mequaiar`s are great, easy on easy off, great results.

I`m smelling the cookies.

imported_Grouse
06-15-2006, 01:47 PM
I`ll be using the products I know from the carpet and leather industry for the interior, Minus of course the trim, dash, metal polish.... One step at a time. Need to learn what i have coming before i start heading down that road.

As for brushes and that gear I am all set.

Sherman8r44
06-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Looks like a very nice order! :waxing:

Natty`s Blue is a carnauba paste wax fortified with polymers if I`m not mistaken.

Considering you`re using foam pads, not wool, I don`t think a spur would be good for those pads. Just the XMT pad cleaner and *maybe* a nylon brush.

Why bother with a chamois when you have three very nice Waffle Weave MF towels?

imported_Grouse
06-15-2006, 01:52 PM

buahahahahhahaha that`s a classic.

i`ll be getting some bonnets, and i have a rotary with wool pads, but i will wait on that till i know the ins and outs of my products.

that and i find a `83 POS in lime green to work on.

autoprincess
06-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Spurs are only used for wool pads, just for future reference. You can always throughly clean the buff pads by spraying them out with a water hose, the presssing the water out, then vacuum the excess, then place the pads back on the buffer and turn on the buffer at high speed to remove the excess then let sit dry to completely dry.

Have fun.

imported_Grouse
06-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Ah so it is kind of a combo carding brush and cleaning tool for wool pads?

Kind of an off topic question, but when people say they rinse with alcohol/water 50/50 mix. What alcohol are they using? Isopropel alcohol or rubbing?

Sherman8r44
06-15-2006, 01:58 PM
buahahahahhahaha that`s a classic.

that and i find a `83 POS in lime green to work on.

Last person to notice what I put for my location gave me a negative rep point for it. LMAO

Might as well go for the SSR2.5 w/wool pad on the rotary ASAP...see how fast you can possibly get it down to the primer :p

EDIT--Isopropyl Alcohol