PDA

View Full Version : The "Locals" to get!

Detailer2587
06-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Car Care is something I started taking interest in when I was about 14. I am 18 now and have tried many local products in search of the best results. I would like to tell you how to get that show car shine with local products. First thing that is absolutely the biggest step to a perfect finish is getting a Porter Cable. I used to have other `mart buffers and wish I could have my money back because they do absolutly nothing for paint correction. If you have swirled oxidized paint you will never have a show car shine! I bought a PC at lowes for $100 dollars and ordered meguiars velcro backing plate and pads at carquest. I got 2 polishing pads, 2 finishing pads, and a burgundy cutting pad(yes I have used it and it worked great with a pc but remember meguiars does not recommend it). Now for the products that work for me...........

Clay Magic Blue Clay-Cheap and most effective

Polishes in order of abrasiveness

Mothers Power Polish- Great with a PC

Meguiars Speed Glaze- Not too agressive with great results

Meguiars SFP or No.9- Refines the finish to maximum clearity

If you use glazes

3m IHG (hand) or meguiars Machine Glaze(via pc) (No.7 is too hard to work with)

Sealants.......

Dark Paint- Mothers Reflections (NXT is not durable enough and is too hyped up)

Light Paint- Meguiars #20 polymer sealant (Perfect on light colors but I don`t recommend it for black)

LSP.........

My favorite topper is TWUG paste. This stuff seems to add the extra depth and wetness that takes the look of the car up to that show car level. This wax is the clearest and wettest I have ever used. This wax is geat on any color from white and silver to black and red. An honorable mention is 3m show car wax paste. I still have to find and try some duragloss AW.

Trim

I use meguiars rubber and vinyl cleaner and conditioner and trim looks fantatic and its easy.

Tires

Pre-clean tires with any availible APC (purple power or grease lighting) and then use mothers reflection line tire care.

Interior

For dashboards and and plastic rubber or vinyl surfaces on doors or center counsols use meguiars rubber and vinyl cleaner/conditioner.

Carpets and floors- I own a bissel little green and it gives me great results. I once detailed an interior of a `94 jeep with coffee, grease, ground in dirt, water stains, and other kinds of stains(overall very poor condition interior) and when I was done it lookd brand new! Be warned the bissel extracts all or most the stains but still leaves materials wet. Time is needed for interior to dry but you can also use a shop vac for extracting most of the water left behind.

Seats- FOLEX!!!!!!! and bissel on spot stains.

Glass

Inside- Stoner Invisable Glass

Outside- Rain-X original formula to remove contaminants and make glass look new.(dont apply with foam applicator because this stuff will make the pad disinagrate in one week.

I know my post is long but if it helps people like me get results and saves them money because they dont buy bad products its worth it. I know others probably have some favorite locals too, so go ahead and post `em.

wannafbody
06-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Duragloss AW

Sherman8r44
06-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Nice post, but there have already been a million threads on this. Search something with "OTC" and you should find a ton of `em...