PDA

View Full Version : Car Dealership Idiots

victory
06-13-2006, 09:14 AM
I just did a quick detail on my mothers brand new 2007 Camry. The ^$%#& from the dealership decided to screw their advertizement plate DIRECTLY INTO THE FRONT BUMPER. No plate bracket, nothing. They didn`t even drill it first, just pushed the screws right into the plastic through the paint. It looks absolutely terrible.

So, the car needs body work and isn`t even a day off the showroom floor. I`m gonna make sure this isn`t cheap advertisement for them.

Accumulator
06-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Too bad she apparently took it home instead of refusing delivery over it on the spot :( I`d still go back and have a talk with either the general manager or the owner, asking "how are you going to fix this?" I`d say that your mother didn`t realize how difficult it would be to fix and that she insists that they "fix it".

BobD
06-13-2006, 09:19 AM
When I buy a new car the first things I tell my dealer is...I don`t want any advertisements on the car, no wash or wax, and no holes in the front bumper from a front plate.

Bill D
06-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Let me remind everyone that this is a family oriented, "rated G" forum. Consider this forum "clean" enough to be viewed by children.

Foul language, at least without the use of "&*%$@!" is frowned upon here. If you can`t clean up your vocabulary, kindly do not post. Thank you.

Accumulator
06-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Yeah, it`s sorta funny how their story changes from "we have to sell it with the front license holes" to "no problem, you can have it that way" once they realize that they`ll lose the sale over it ;) Of course there are always a few cars that come that way from the factory (the WRX was like that).

MBurnickas
06-13-2006, 09:52 AM
That`s a new dealer low...what a buncha fools. Bill can I say fools? :p

BigAl3
06-13-2006, 10:11 AM
my dad just bought an 07 camry as well. the car along with all the other ones, had the front bumper`s drilled with the plates already on them. luckily... i ordered the bumperplugs (factory matched color), and am going to install them soon :)

Ed Fisher
06-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Hehhehe each time I go buy a new car I be there before the guy comes in from the reg office with the plates. I stick the plates on with double sided tape instead of any screw or rivet...

BTW Turkish Law says your car has to wear the plates both ends...

Yes, color coded plugs sound a good idea. If not, you may have them plugged out with paste and painted over with some touch up paint. Do not panic no matter how rightly annoyed you are...

Good luck...

victory
06-13-2006, 01:08 PM
apologies to the mod, i wasn`t sure what the test was (the George carlin big 7 or otherwise).

Anyway, i`ll see where it goes and if they want to be....uh, mean people...i`ll just buy the plugs. I`ll still need to sand it down carefully as they didn`t drill before driving the screws in.

Where can I get the plugs?

MrSelfDestruct
06-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Are front plates nessesary where you are? Here in Ontario we have to have them... so everything gets a bracket, drilled, whatever method for that particular vehicle.

If it`s not needed, and if they have another Camry the same color- see if they can just swap bumpers! :)

imported_tguil
06-13-2006, 03:07 PM
You might be interest in these

http://www.pro-dec.com/s.nl;jsessionid=ac112b801f43dada41a3f7134b2b8170bb df243de6dc.qQvJq2PEmlnva30N-BbQmkLz-ATzr6Lzn6rzqwTxpQOUc30KaNDNo6XKq6zInRmLa3mS8RbCpR0 HoA5Qmh0KaMTNo6XK-kDvrA4Ka3aIqRnvp6iIpAjOp6jynQjM-AbJpgaLaN0Tb3qPax0T8Oexo6XHngbynknvrkLOlQzNp65In0_ _?sc=2&category=15

Accumulator
06-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Bumper plugs are made for factory holes, not the nonsense those jokers pulled. Might still work OK, but they`re not a perfect solution.

Pasting over (with the right stuff) and repainting the bumper cover can work, I did that on the WRX (which came with factory holes). But it does involve repainting...

My state ostensibly requires front plates, but it`s a "selective enforcement" thing, where they use it as an excuse when they need one. We`ve received numerous tickets while not running a front plate and they hardly ever even mention it; we`ve never had to do anything about it, but then my wife and I come across OK to most LEOs. If you`re driving a slammed import with a loud exhaust it might be a different story ;)

victory
06-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I wouldn`t have minded it if my state required front plates or if it had been a used car from a state that required front plates (my buick has a bracket since it was initially purchaced in CT...of course they riveted that sucker on).

PA has never required front plates.

Personally, i don`t have the skill to fill and paint it myself. Just wondering what to do if the dealership tells me "too bad"

marko
06-13-2006, 09:49 PM
to protect and serve or selectively enforce... it`s a dilemma. man my seventy-three year old mother was pulled over and ticketed for not having a front plate. she`d never had a front plate in all those years and the ... cop gave her the ticket anyway. mom`s always been stylish but low-key. I mean this woman had a new t-bird every other year in the sixties. here she is, retired, cruising over to see some grandchildren, not a fart can in sight...

not that it has anything to do with a dealership irreparably damaging your bumper with one of those #%$&* things. they owe you a bumper.

ksig113
06-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah, it`s sorta funny how their story changes from "we have to sell it with the front license holes" to "no problem, you can have it that way" once they realize that they`ll lose the sale over it ;) Of course there are always a few cars that come that way from the factory (the WRX was like that).

Yeah, I live in Texas where you are supposed to have a front plate, but when I went to my dealership to pick up the car, the sales manager told me that he never puts the front plates on or dealership badging, unless it is requested by the customer. Don`t know if it was because he`s friends with a relative of mine and was trying to impress me. Kinda backwards, but works for me :D