PDA

View Full Version : OLD Leather

larryb
06-13-2006, 08:21 AM
I have a 1969 Cadillac with a white leather intrior. The door panels have some sort of yellowishv spotting that cleaners do not seem to remove. The seats are pretty good with a orange stain on the seat and back where they meet in the middle. any ideas? I want to keep the original interior if possible. Thank you.

imported_Grouse
06-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Is this protected leather/aniline? I would guess that it is. If so i would pick up a leather masters kit and start with their "strong" cleaner. apply, clean, wipe, Blow dry, and repeat as nessisary. As for the stain, depending on how long it has been there and what has been tried you might be sol. There are a million products that will set dye`s in porous material, and only a few that will remove them.

But leather masters is a good solid place to start. besure you apply the apropriate conditioners in stages.

anywho hope that helps.

MrSelfDestruct
06-13-2006, 02:03 PM
If the leather is stained you very well might need to have it dyed. You can DIY, or get someone who specializes in carpet/fabric dying to do it for a modest price and get good results.