PDA

View Full Version : what`s with the germans?

autobahn
06-12-2006, 10:35 PM
they seem to know a lot about making polishes and sealants...

is it something in their kraut? :)

ritchic
06-13-2006, 12:21 AM
prolly cuase they make paint harder than steel :mad:

bmwbear
06-13-2006, 05:47 AM
I think it’s just the Germans cultural acceptance of technology/engineering. Just look at the last 100 years and what the Germans have done technically, Mercedes, BMW, VW, Audi, rockets (the basis of the U.S. Space program), fighter aircraft, and tanks of WWII.

BoxsterCharlie
06-13-2006, 06:48 AM
It`s actually quite amazing to visit Germany today. In many ways they are 10-20 years ahead of us, and you get the impression that the gap is actually increasing! Take trains, for example. While we sit around in meetings complaining about how mass transit is an assault on personal liberty, you can hop on an Deutsche bahn ICE train and sip your coffee at 200 mph.

It didn`t used to be this way in America, apparently. The only engineering we care about these days is for roller coasters and watching a bunch of tattooed winers welding custom choppers.

How`s that for thread crapping? :)

topnotchtouch
06-13-2006, 07:08 AM
There were a couple of studies done a few years ago by a German automotive magazine that would seem to indicate that German`s themselves don`t have such a high opinion of their own automotive manufacturers.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,1044433,00.html

autobahn
06-13-2006, 07:39 AM
It`s actually quite amazing to visit Germany today. In many ways they are 10-20 years ahead of us, and you get the impression that the gap is actually increasing! Take trains, for example. While we sit around in meetings complaining about how mass transit is an assault on personal liberty, you can hop on an Deutsche bahn ICE train and sip your coffee at 200 mph.

It didn`t used to be this way in America, apparently. The only engineering we care about these days is for roller coasters and watching a bunch of tattooed winers welding custom choppers.

How`s that for thread crapping? :)

lol, I like this one :)

racingbeat
06-13-2006, 08:14 AM
When i was in Germany(Dusseldorf) the first thing I noticed almost right after stepping off the plane is that

THERE ARE NO OLD CARS ANYWHERE!

The `taxi` I got in was Mercedes S class with full leather! Tons of BMWs, Audis, VW`s everywhere.

Some nice Opel`s and a few Fords.

But in general all the cars were clean and looked well maintained. I asked my friend from Berlin and he said Germany have very strict laws on car inspections and older cars are forced into the junkyard or exported.

It would make sense that Germans make allot of polishes and stuff, with so many well made newer cars around people tend to pay more attention to them.

wannafbody
06-13-2006, 08:37 AM
can`t inovate here because of the potential for lawsuits

the other pc
06-13-2006, 09:29 AM
A strong paint care product industry is a byproduct of a healthy industrial chemicals infrastructure. Germany has long been a world powerhouse in the chemicals industry.

Like BASF says, they don`t make a lot of the products you buy, they make a lot of the products you buy better...

PC.