PDA

View Full Version : got my foam gun today!!!

Pages : [1] 2

autobahn
06-12-2006, 05:26 PM
omg, most fun you can possibly have washing a car.

it REALLY helps with cleaning wheels if you set the foam to 3oz/gallon and spray it on them.

I found that 2oz/gallon setting with a 70/30 Gold class/water ratio mix gave me a good amount of foam without using too much solution. I used half of the quart to do my wash.

Now I know what you guys are raving about. So many possibilities with this thing.

Now, for you guys that are changing the sprayer part, it says pretty specifically in the instructions not to change the sprayer because it has an anti-siphon that will prevent soap getting back into the water supply. How do you justify changing the sprayer knowing that?

armoredsaint
06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
:showpics

what brand?

autobahn
06-12-2006, 07:54 PM
the gilmour one, the foamaster I, got it from danase.

I was gonna bring my digi out but forgot. I`ll take some pics of Anita`s (my GF) A4 all sudsy when we wash it tomorrow :)

BobD
06-13-2006, 04:52 AM
Now, for you guys that are changing the sprayer part, it says pretty specifically in the instructions not to change the sprayer because it has an anti-siphon that will prevent soap getting back into the water supply. How do you justify changing the sprayer knowing that?

That is a backflow preventer. Most city codes require one on the end of the spicket/faucet. As long as you have one on there I would say you are good. If not simply buy one from your local hardware and slap it on the spicket. I would never use the foam gun without one in the line though so make sure if you are taking them off that you do have one at the spicket. Those keep the water from going back into your home system. Trust me, you don`t want to have someone drink water from the kitchen sink and get a mouth full of chemicals.

InfamousDX
06-13-2006, 08:01 AM
My foam gun will be here today... I ordered the same one. Is there a diff. between all the brands?

Accumulator
06-13-2006, 08:09 AM

Given the number of factors that have to be *just right* for any backflow into your household water to actually occur, IMO it`s simply not an issue in the real world. Even in the absence of a backflow-preventing spigot, it`s not a very likely thing. Consider that your water pressure is rather constantly trying to force its way *out* of your hose...easy for me to say, I suppose, what with my boosted pressure and separate water lines to the garage, but my plumbing contractor had a good laugh explaining this stuff to me and didn`t seem to take the whole matter very seriously. He *did* say that you`d hate for some nasty pesticide to get sucked back in, but we`re not talking about that sort of stuff anyhow.

autobahn
06-13-2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~chri0975/foam1_small.jpg

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~chri0975/foam2_small.jpg

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~chri0975/foam3_small.jpg

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~chri0975/foam4_small.jpg

drck1000
06-13-2006, 07:51 PM
It looks like you`re using that thing in a basement, or at least a back area of a covered parking area. Looks like a lot of foam on the car and everywhere else as well! Haha.

spaceoops
06-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Aww cute, she`s getting a bath! That foam gun really is something. Makes the job so much faster because you don`t have to keep dipping into a bucket, and it soaks into bug guts so they come off super easy without feeling like you`re doing damage to the paint.

(- The GF, Anita, fellow detailing nut) :D

spaceoops
06-13-2006, 08:01 PM
It looks like you`re using that thing in a basement, or at least a back area of a covered parking area. Looks like a lot of foam on the car and everywhere else as well! Haha.

Yeah that`s at one end of our underground heated parking garage that we pay an arm and a leg for... :)

autobahn
06-13-2006, 08:04 PM

yes, foam everywhere. Having a lot of fun with it :)

The parking area is pretty much the basement of the building beside ours, that`s why it looks like a basement :)

They are kind enough to leave us a little spot with a drain and a hose (yay for minneapolis water pressure) so we can do our cars there. I think we are building up a reputation as the carwash people since I`m out there so often between my car and Anita`s car. The foam gun is going to seal the deal on that one I bet.

imported_Grouse
06-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Okay specs on the audi! you can`t post a pic with out it.

05 briliant silver 3.0 usp 6mt

spaceoops
06-13-2006, 08:24 PM
2002 A4 Avant 1.8TQ tip :)

I just updated my garage so check it out for the mods n stuff. Not too much yet. Maybe a chip soon though.

-Lebowski-
06-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Once you go foam you will never go back. I tried to bucket wash yesterday, wrong, I lasted one side of the car lol.

autobahn
06-13-2006, 08:26 PM
you`re gonna get a tipchip too :)

you`ll squeal at how much better those lazy shifts will become :)