PDA

View Full Version : Question: Werkstatt VS Poorboys???

imported_mburnickas
06-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I currently use Poorboys (SSR, EXP, Natty’s etc) and works VERY well; like it a real lot. Is there any way I can combine the two different manufactures? Also what would give a better gloss, protection, functionally etc on my black Lexus, on my motorcycle, and other cars and yes, my tractor?

My Werkstatt order comes tomorrow (can’t wait) and wondered if I should stick to one or just keep using both?

I only ask since I keep trying more and more products and want to stick to one or two tops..You people are a bad influence!!!! LOL

Or these again maybe I should look in more directions????

:bigups

-Lebowski-
06-12-2006, 02:40 PM
You can use the SSRs with anything.

You can always top JW`s with Nattys.

You could put EXP over any variations minus carnuba of Prime and you can put over or under or alternate EXP with any of the AJ`s minus carnuba.

Hope that helps.

GlossyTundra
06-12-2006, 06:20 PM
So your tractor huh, what kind of tractor is it. I need to make sure that it is worthy of keeping nice. :LOLOL

I used to use ssr/exp/nattys and have recenty used AIO/werkstatt/carnuba jett and the werkstatt stuff is harder to use but the depth and flake pop over the poorboys is amazing. My new fav combo.

imported_DARKSTI
06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Yea, Werkstatt is my favorite, I have used Poorboys and for look and durabilty, it blows Poorboys out of the water. Application can be a bit finicky though...

Scottwax
06-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Use Poorboy`s for deep polishing since the Werkstatt polishes are not very aggressive and use JW to seal. Poorboy`s is definitely better if you have to work in the direct sun though.

imported_mburnickas
06-13-2006, 04:20 PM
thanks!

I got my JW items today (only prime strong and AJT). Now is Nattys Blue over AJ Trigger (AJT) good? Or AJT with CJ or AG/CG bettter?

Maybe I will just order it and call ita day. :p

Stickman81
06-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Use Poorboy`s for deep polishing since the Werkstatt polishes are not very aggressive and use JW to seal. Poorboy`s is definitely better if you have to work in the direct sun though.

That is great information for me too.

Thanks. :spot

imported_mburnickas
06-13-2006, 05:50 PM
I just tried the prime stong and AJT on my fender. Wow, the strong cleaned more black stuff over car. And the AJT made the fender smooth(er).

ashsarna
06-14-2006, 04:53 AM
That is great information for me too.

Thanks. :spot

Ditto for me :idea

firegate
06-15-2006, 12:54 AM

Are the PB polishes okay for use in direct sun, or any others for that matter? EX-P has definitely made my life a lot easier in that regard..

imported_DARKSTI
06-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeap,you can use the SSRs in the sin. thats whay alot of people love them.

ntoddalbert
06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
In the sin?, you guys take this to whole new level!

If she will go along with it I will give it a try tonight......

Fallz
06-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Nothing wrong with detailing the tractor, I do it alot and keep mine very nice. I use up all my old crap , QD spray , wax ect on it.

2001 John Deere 445 , power steering , tiit wheel , cruise control , adj.seat , locking rear diff , 54" deck , 26" rear tire`s 12" front`s. 22hp fuel inj. A real joy to cut grass and snow plow with.

Anyway I like working with PB stuff and am interested to see how you like the Werkstatt stuff.

tustah
06-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Not sure why many people say that Werkstatt is hard to remove. I had no problem at all applying and removing it. I`m sure if you work it in well enough, it should be easy to remove.

As far as Carnauba Jett, for me, I worked with two MF towels. One to wipe on, one to wipe off. Can`t get any easier than that.

Prime isn`t very abrasive so I hope you`re not thinking that it will remove swirls. However, it brings out the depth of the paint, especially if you use Prime Strong.

imported_mburnickas
06-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Nothing wrong with detailing the tractor, I do it alot and keep mine very nice. I use up all my old crap , QD spray , wax ect on it.

2001 John Deere 445 , power steering , tiit wheel , cruise control , adj.seat , locking rear diff , 54" deck , 26" rear tire`s 12" front`s. 22hp fuel inj. A real joy to cut grass and snow plow with.

Anyway I like working with PB stuff and am interested to see how you like the Werkstatt stuff.

Thanks. I had a 455 and got a Kubota BX22 (old school model now). I clean it about 3 times a year. So far looks brand new. Also I am sure people with think I am nuts but I also but HIDS on it!

But, so far Werkstatt is easy to remove. I only have prime strong and AJ trigger. Both are very easy to remove.

So far after a week against both. AJT beads smaller in rain & smoother. It really is a toss up so far....I like JW more for some odd reason. Maybe less steps.....................

color seems the same but gloss might be a little more with JW. Depth is also more I think with JW