PDA

View Full Version : Leather care for new car?

BBSlm
06-12-2006, 11:43 AM
i recently purchased a new VW Jetta. I have an older jetta (02) with leather and i just used OTC products on. The leather in my new vehicle is a lot softer and has more of a matte finish. i would like to keep it looking that way.

So what is a good product to use on this type of leather? some thing that will keep its matte look and won`t make it slippery.

Also what is a good product for cleaning dash and other interior parts that will not leave a gloss? i`ve tried a few OTC products that all left a sheen, every thing is matte and would like to keep it that way, i hate the gloss look but would like some thing to clean and protect. thanks.

Bioman
06-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Sonus Leather Cleaner and Conditioner is pretty good. Sold on autopia-carcare.com

Zaino Z10 and Z9 is also a good choice as well with a nice leather smell. I don`t know if Sonus has any leather smell.

Glowin97x
06-12-2006, 11:51 AM
I cant help w/ the seats. However, as far as the rest of the interior goes, Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer has the matte finish you are looking for. I absolutely love it and its available OTC for like 6 bucks! Great stuff, I couldnt be happier with it

racingbeat
06-12-2006, 12:20 PM
I have $3,000 leather racing seats in my car.

1Z leather care with a terry cloth all the way!

Great cleaning power leaves the seats looking new not shiny.

I used the Porsche leather conditioner this weekend and it works nicely. I`m sure its a rebranded

version of something else. I also use Prestine Clean from Leatheriqu as a moisturizer.

www.openroadmotoring.com sells the 1Z with fast shipping.

gben
06-12-2006, 02:09 PM
I`ve been using CG`s Leather Conditioner in my Vette and :wow: couldn`t be happier. Leaves the seats clean and supple. Apply,work in, then wipe off any excess and you`re done. Non slip matte finish looks great on rest of interior as well. CG`s Natural Shine Pleasant Matte Dressing looks great too on the other cars in the family.Cleans and dresses in one step. Again, apply work in and buff excess for a really great look. Thicker lotion type dressing not sure how I`d like using it when I first got it but now I actually like it better than the thinner types I had been using. :bigups

imported_Amused
06-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Do yourself a favor and check out the "Click & Brag" section. There are a lot of people that list their interior processes/products. The advantage of checking out that section is that there are usually accompanying pictures. I`m sure a lot of the suggestions you`ll get would work nicely, but I nothing serves you better than a picture reference.

Check out some of tdekany`s work...he has a lot of experience with VWs from what I understand.