PDA

View Full Version : Next step after SSR2.5...

autobahn
06-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi guys.

A lot of folks have been chatting about the SSR2.5 as being good at scratch removal.

I ordered myself up a bottle. What I DIDN`T do, stupidly, is order SSR2 and SSR1.

What I do have, is a bottle of einszett paint polish. I`m thinking this would be a good second step after the 2.5 before a wax/sealant.

Am I correct in this assumption, that 1z paint polish will remove any marring introduced by the 2.5? Or am I gonna have to suck it up and make another order for the 2 and the 1?

racingbeat
06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
no you should be ok with the polish after 2.5

I used 2.5 a month ago, followed up with Klasse AIO polish and sealed it with Poorboys EXP.

After the sealant cured the next day I topped it with FK Pink Wax.

after washes I use FK FX100 (which is like gloss but with sealing properties) and FK 425.

But you might want to order 2.0 for your next swirl removal. I think you want to remove as little clear as possible by using the mildest SR that will do the job.

autobahn
06-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Well my thought was that the 1Z PP would be a safe substitute as a light polish, but I`ll probably order the 2 and the 1 just to try it out in a couple weeks.

VroomVroom
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
For what it`s worth, I have the whole SSR range. I use 2 less than I use 3, which in and of itself is remarkably rare. I generaly follow 2.5 with 1 or even PP. Most recently I followed it with Menzerna FPII and was really pleased with the results.

kenpoman1
06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
For what it`s worth, I have the whole SSR range. I use 2 less than I use 3, which in and of itself is remarkably rare. I generaly follow 2.5 with 1 or even PP. Most recently I followed it with Menzerna FPII and was really pleased with the results.

I have found ssr2.5 followed by FPII to be the best combo too, much

better results than ssr1.