PDA

View Full Version : Selling my watch on Ebay

JasonD
06-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, I`m selling my Rolex on Ebay. Please inform anyone that may be interested. Thank you!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8947127379

gmblack3
06-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Check with UPS to see if they will insure for that amount. I sold mine last year and ended up going with USPS via registered mail. They lock the item up every night on the way and the cost is very low. I think you can only send it first class mail when it goes registered.

Registered Mail First class mail with a numbered receipt, including a valuation of the registered item. This guarantees customers will get their money back if an item is lost in the mail.

TEGBOY
06-12-2006, 04:52 AM
That a beautiful watch.

Good luck with the sale of it.

JasonD
06-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Check with UPS to see if they will insure for that amount. I sold mine last year and ended up going with USPS via registered mail. They lock the item up every night on the way and the cost is very low. I think you can only send it first class mail when it goes registered.

Registered Mail First class mail with a numbered receipt, including a valuation of the registered item. This guarantees customers will get their money back if an item is lost in the mail.

Very interesting. I was under the impression that UPS would insure items for any amount. I will definitely check into this. Thank you very much for the heads up. I won`t ship this watch without being fully insured, that`s for sure.

Bill D
06-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Jason,

:chuckle: between you, Spilchy, and Accumulator, it seems like the Rolex Sub is an official "Autopian watch". What are you planning to upgrade to?

imported_Detailing Technology
06-12-2006, 08:54 AM
I wear an Explorer II with a white face daily and I have a Stainless Daytona. Good "standard" watches, I may grab a IWC or a Panarai this summer.

What are you buying next?

Diesel1
06-12-2006, 11:15 AM
The sub has been the hottest Rolex in the past few years! Everyone wants it! You should be able to do well on it!

JasonD
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Believe it or not guys, I`m not making that much of an upgrade. It`s probably the absolute smallest upgrade you *can* make coming from a sub.

I`m going to a Sea Dweller, which looks *exactly* the same as the sub. but is a little bit thicker, and goes deeper than the sub.

Ever since I bought my Sub. in 98`, I`ve kicked myself in the butt for not waiting for the SeaDweller. They were out of stock at the time (around christmas), and I wanted one that day, so I settled for the Submariner.

This is really more of a "taking a loss to get what I should have bought" type of situation. The only thing that sucks is that the watches are now $2,000 more than what they were when I bought mine, so I`m going to take a little hit, but hey, this will be my treat to myself.

Eventually, my *real* upgrade will be to a white gold president, but I`m still a couple years away from that. I have a house to rebuild before I can`t buy anything as substantial as that.

JasonD
06-12-2006, 02:05 PM
I wear an Explorer II with a white face daily and I have a Stainless Daytona. Good "standard" watches, I may grab a IWC or a Panarai this summer.

What are you buying next?

I love the SS Daytonas. They are very hard to get.

Bill D
06-12-2006, 02:33 PM
My pal has a Sea-Dweller. He wears it constantly and loves it. A President is my goal some time too but it looks like the closest thing to that for me at this time is a very modified "frankenwatch". Yep, the SS Daytonas are a real collector`s Holy Grail. I heard they are even used as currency in foreign undergrounds :nervous:

JasonD
06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, after some serious "after thought", I decided to keep my Sub. I know, I know, why didn`t I think about this before, but I went to see the SD in person, to my surprise, I actually didn`t like it as much as what I already have. Crazy how after all these years of thinking I made a mistake, I actually made the right choice originally. Well, it only cost me $12 for the ebay auction, so not a big loss.

I`m just so glad I went to see one in person *before* the auction ended! Almost screwed up big time!

Bill D
06-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Good move IMO. I see my pal`s Sea-Dweller all the time and unless you desperately need that helium valve, I don`t see the point of having one. I also love the look of the cyclops magnifier. It`s what makes a Rolex a Rolex and one without it just seems unfinished.

imported_garyo
06-13-2006, 01:37 PM

I love IWC`s. They don`t carry the bling of a Rolex with nonwatch people but those in the know appreciate them for what they are. Which model are you contemplating?

Spilchy
06-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Beautiful watch - sorry to see it go. What`s nice about the Rolex is the lack of "bling" unless you go for the cheesey diamond encrusted bezels and hour markers.

I`ve got the same one, but mines around 40 years old (prior to the date models). I have it in for servicing as I noticed a hint of rust under the bezel.

Good luck with the upgrade! You sure you don`t want to check out the Patek Philippe`s platinum Annual Calendar Chronograph? It only sells for $55,000.00 :cool: (without all the cheesey diamonds on those celebrity watches which drive up the price).

imported_Detailing Technology
06-13-2006, 03:40 PM
I love IWC`s. They don`t carry the bling of a Rolex with nonwatch people but those in the know appreciate them for what they are. Which model are you contemplating?

That is the trick! EVERYONE has a rolex, time to change the trend. Like Mont Blanc pens, everywhere. I work with a few guys that wont wear Rolex anymore. Its a sea of Panarei, IWC, Vacheron, Audemars. I will get the IWC Portuguese with a black band. I had it on ym wrist and it was powerful, but it is a big nut to swallow for something that can get easily damaged. (My Explorer II is a 2005 model and looks like its ready for reconditioning, I beat it)