PDA

View Full Version : trying to keep swirls off my 06 Mercedes

mike01svt
06-11-2006, 01:59 PM
just got a new mercedes c230.. fully loaded cept navi..

anyhow just wondering if this is sufficient for keeping the swirls off.. I moved from my old condo with a garage (still mine and i use it.. but primarily in my apt) to a an apartment with covered parking.

the car was dusty so i rinsed it with high pressure to knock the dust off..

towel dry with towels from walmart

apply nxt

buff off with mf towels

drive for a week

and rinse with high pressure to knock off dust

and towel dry

then use meguairs quick detailer and dry with microfibre towels.

JasonD
06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Please tell me you washed your car with the proper car wash shampoo after you drove around for a week?

Also, what kind of "towel" are you referring to for drying?

Bill D
06-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Yikes, the high pressure wash makes me nervous :nervous: It sounds like you have access to a hose so I suggest you`d get a foam gun and wash with soft sheepskin mitts. Mercedes Ceramiclear paint is very tough to correct so careful washing is an absolute must to prevent swirls.

mike01svt
06-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Please tell me you washed your car with the proper car wash shampoo after you drove around for a week?

Also, what kind of "towel" are you referring to for drying?

:D no i didnt.. the car wasnt dirty, so i just rinsed it with the pressure washer at my parents place to knock off the dust... probably wasnt the best idea.. this was the first time this was done and i didnt see any swirls or scratches.. so i assume i got lucky since the car was not dirty, just dusty..

drying with a regular bathroom towel

100% cotton for the drying towel.

ScubaStevo
06-11-2006, 02:10 PM
:D no i didnt.. the car wasnt dirty, so i just rinsed it with the pressure washer at my parents place to knock off the dust... probably wasnt the best idea.. this was the first time this was done and i didnt see any swirls or scratches.. so i assume i got lucky since the car was not dirty, just dusty..

drying with a regular bathroom towel

100% cotton for the drying towel.

Oh dear god. Please go out and buy a chamois, or waffle weave drying towel.

mike01svt
06-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Oh dear god. Please go out and buy a chamois, or waffle weave drying towel.

hahaha.. i know.. it was the first wash and all my supplies were at my condo..

the only thing is i have a brand new "absorber" is that ok to dry with ??

i also got zaino, ex-p, vanilla moose glaze, a pc... but i didnt have it with me...

JasonD
06-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Please, before you touch your car again, read this:

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=9

mike01svt
06-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Please, before you touch your car again, read this:

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=9

haha gotcha... gonna order these to replace my wal-mart special...

We have done it again. Little Grey incorporates the NEW and IMPROVED Waffle Weave Formula to absorb more water per towel.

So you get the High Tech Waffle Weave Technology to dry your car without risking possible damage to your nicely cleaned paint. And you get this technology at a fraction of the price of what other companies offer them for. You just cant pass this deal up.

Look, you get:

3 16" x 27" Waffle Weave Drying Towels less than buying one larger towel that is harder to handle and work with.

anyhow.. i guess i just got lazy.. cuz i have all the stuff you need, except it isnt with me...

two buckets two mf sponges one for rinse bucket other for soap bucket... It wont happen again.. my 01 cobra had prestine paint..

rauljimenez
06-11-2006, 02:20 PM
ohh mother of godddd :hairpull

get the detailing book asap please !!!! :hairpull :hairpull :hairpull :woohoo: :scared:

JasonD
06-11-2006, 02:25 PM
two buckets two mf sponges one for rinse bucket other for soap bucket... It wont happen again.. my 01 cobra had prestine paint..

That`s a good start, except don`t use mf sponges. Microfiber hangs on to all the dirt, and will unless you use four or five of them per car wash and wash them after every use, they`re no good. Buy some sheepskin (wool) mitts instead.

mike01svt
06-11-2006, 02:30 PM
That`s a good start, except don`t use mf sponges. Microfiber hangs on to all the dirt, and will unless you use four or five of them per car wash and wash them after every use, they`re no good. Buy some sheepskin (wool) mitts instead.

nice... sounds good. been detailing my cobra for a while... and i just got lazy.. i got pretty much everything.. the porter cable with a ton of products and pads.. its just like i said, i moved and it all stayed in my condo.. gonna pick it up soon...

i will replace my mf sponges with what you reccomended..