PDA

View Full Version : Sealant and Waterspots.

BMW645
06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
I`m wondering if it`s my imagination or not.

I use to use Collinite, and I love the wax, but to try something different, I switched to

Optimum Car Wax.

From what I recall, the Collinite beads are very small and perfectly round and everywhere. Optimum Car Wax has beads that are larger, and there are places where they are amorphous looking. Is this usually what happens? I`m worried about protection.

But, I also noticed that after it rains, with Optimum Car Wax, my car doesn`t have many water spots. If I look hard enough, they do appear to be there, but are quite subtle. Now, with Collinite, I remember after it rains, my car would have many water spots, look like a spotted leapord. I also noticed that with Collinite, after it rains, there would be more mud sticking on the side of my car.

Am I imagining things? Has my driving behavior changed between the two waxes and that`s the difference? Perhaps my recollection is in error?

thanks.

MrSelfDestruct
06-11-2006, 07:36 PM
If you throw water at the car and it gets big "sheets" that run off the car, that is better than lots of small beads. And less waterspots=good! It seems to me that you`ve found a better wax! :)