PDA

View Full Version : Chrome polish

Pages : [1] 2

scooterguitar
06-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Tried tons of chrome polishes for my Harley, still looking for the one!

Some I recall:

Wenol Blue, probably my favorite.

Simichrome, nah

Turtle, actually like it, but aggressive

Maas, reminds me of simi, their protector is a beech to take off!

Never Dull, great stuff for pits

Mothers, nope

S100 polishing soap, no way

Ones I wanna ttry are the NXT and nano.

Also heard goo things on ClearKote.

I have decided I need one agressive and one that will not micromar. I would prefer one that cleans and really prtects for bugs and grime!

Suggestions?

JasonD
06-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I actually liked S100 (P21S) Polishing Soap, but you said you didn`t like that one. I have actually had great results using Klasse AIO on chrome. Have you tried that yet? Clean it up with AIO and seal/protect with SG.

scooterguitar
06-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Yep, they are on my list to try! I have them! What about QD for chrome in between?

Tasty
06-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Which Mother`s did you try? The Mag and Aluminum polish in the white can is the way to go. The Billet polish in the clear can is crap.

JasonD
06-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Sure, qd is fine for maintenance. I use the above mentioned products on all my chrome items (truck wheels, motorcycle, etc.). What qd I use is determined by what product I used to protect the chrome. In general, I usually use some type of sealant like SG to seal chrome, so I pretty much stick to a qd that`s safe for sealants, and not something you would normally use for carnauba. One of the qd`s I like is Sonus Acrylic Spritz, but there are others that work well too.

Pennypacker
06-10-2006, 10:00 PM
My favorite is Autosol. I have the liquid version, not the paste though. Not sure how the two compare.

I have some Griot`s that I`ve yet to try, but I`ve heard good things about it from others.

Maybe also consider Blue Job.

scooterguitar
06-11-2006, 05:56 AM
Never tried the Blue Job, though I see it at every HD shop. I don`t have bluing pipes yet.

No one ha dluck with the NXT yet huh?

The CK looked appealing as it is liquid, correct? I remember seeing soem liquid at a HD shop that the guy swore by, can`t recall the name but I beleiev it was in like a light green bottle.

MrSelfDestruct
06-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Which Mother`s did you try? The Mag and Aluminum polish in the white can is the way to go. The Billet polish in the clear can is crap.

YUP

The lip/centercap on my wheels are bare aluminum (polished) and Mother`s PowerMetal (bottle actually) works great... much better than NeverDull!

I think the Billet polish is too gentle.. maybe good as a polish afterwards??

Also I have used paint sealant on chrome bumpers etc. and it seems to clean them up a bit.

3Dog
06-11-2006, 08:32 PM
For normal maintannce on chrome we always use Polishing Soap. A great cleaner/polish for chrome is the green Heavy Metal. For slight defects we use a 50/50 mixture of IP and FP.

The best sealer we have found is Metal Gloss...but Prime Acrylic is good also.

3Dog
06-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Sorry forgot the info

http://getpolished.com/

http://master-formula.com/english.htm

ronmart
06-11-2006, 10:23 PM
I use Sonus Chrome & Glass polish, but it is pretty mild. However, to keep the bugs and stuff off AFTER you polish you should try Rejex (http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html). Go to the web site and see for yourself. It really does work.

VroomVroom
06-12-2006, 07:36 AM
I`ve recently purchased Wenol red and blue and have been very impressed. Clearkote is definitely my go-to. Awesome stuff. Light coat + light application = high polish. More product and elbow grease will clean just about anything...turning over to Wenol red for the nasty stuff.

After getting the lustre I`m after I`ll top with UPP or PB wheel sealant for protection.

Bobby G
06-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Try FLitz.

TGates
06-12-2006, 08:04 AM
I really like Meg`s NXT Metal Polish (okay, they spell it Polysh, but I refuse) and it works great. I have also had great luck with any of the Mother`s metal polishes, Poorboy`s Pro Polish, and Flitz on metal. If you try the Flitz, wear a gas mask. This stuff smells terrible.

I have yet to find anything that will take minor scratches out of my expensive Arlen Ness exhaust pipes, though.

I`m curious to see how well the Griot`s chrome polish works.

seth812
06-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I`ve recently purchased Wenol red and blue and have been very impressed. Clearkote is definitely my go-to. Awesome stuff. Light coat + light application = high polish. More product and elbow grease will clean just about anything...turning over to Wenol red for the nasty stuff.

After getting the lustre I`m after I`ll top with UPP or PB wheel sealant for protection.

i used PB WS on my exhaust tip and was dissapointed. It caused the exhaust to brown up real quick.